Akame X Male Reader

Y/N: So Night Raid is gonna attack here tonight, if I'm correct. It's the only place that makes sense.

You drew the katana slightly, staring at the blade slightly. It let off a slightly blueish red glow, calming you slightly as the impending encounter drew ever nearer. Of course, that didn't completely relax you, and that edge you maintained kept you alive, whereas many of your past companions had died from letting their guard down.

And it was this edge that kept you alive as you saw a shadow in your blade, causing a rapid response from you to draw and block a black haired girl. Presumably Akame from the posters. You backed up and rested your katana on your shoulder.

Y/N: I really don't want to fight you, but a job's a job. It's time I made my money by fending you off.

The other guards here had already fallen, and you were the only one in their way.

Y/N: Maybe I'll get a bonus if I keep you all out....

One of the guys in the group shot strings from his hands and you sighed, stepping back slightly and sheathing your sword as the strings that were starting to surround you were cut to pieces.

Y/N: Slow. Is this all the infamous Night Raid has to offer?

Tatsumi, an old friend of yours, stepped forward to speak.

Tatsumi: Y/N. You don't know what these people have done. They've killed innocent people. Just step aside.

You sigh and flick the blade out, the edge dripping red.

Y/N: I know what they've done. But they paid me, and I need to make a living. I have to protect someone I care for this way.

Tatsumi stepped back and looked down, a thin red line across his stomach.

Y/N: The next cut will be through your neck if you advance, Tatsumi.

Akame cuts forward too quickly for you to counter, so you do the only thing you can. You activate your Imperial Arm, stopping the blade an inch from your side with a blood red crystal.

Y/N: My Imperial Arm, The Nameless One. Now Akame, the rest of you. If you just leave for tonight, you can kill them tomorrow. I'd rather not kill you. It seems such a waste to eliminate such an honorable and just cause.

Akame pulls out her blade and stares at you, making you uncomfortable.

Akame: Okay. You come with us if we don't kill them.

You sheathe your sword and sigh. 

Y/N: Fine. I guess I've earned my pay anyways.

You start following Akame and the rest, the girl sidling up close to you while you listened in on Leone. 

Leone: Aww, Akame found love!

Lubbick: It's so unfair! Why am I doomed to not have a girlfriend!

Tatsumi: Maybe if you didn't peep on girls in the springs...!

You chuckled slightly before laughing quietly.

Y/N: This might have been my best decision yet...

Akame: ...It was mine...

Y/N: And you might be the biggest reason, Akame. Now, just don't get me killed, if you please?