Part 2: Whammy

After Cly told you about your dad, everything after what she said about you is a blur, you didn't hear anything out of shocked.
And then Cly call your name over and over until you back to your senses....

Ma'am Lynzy?
Ma'am Lynzy!
Ma'am Lynzy!!

Huh?? What? I'm sorry, what did you just say?

Ma'am, madam, need you now. Go to MMC, I already told the driver to drive you there.

Thank you, Cly. Tell Jack that I'll be there in a minute. I need to take a quick shower first.

Yes, ma'am.

And after I showered, I quickly leave my room to go to MMC.

Inside the car, I am completely blank space the whole trip and no words can express how I feel now.
A feeling that my dad is in the hospital now while asking myself if he is okay or not.

After an hour of driving, I arrived at MMC.

I asked at nurse station, which room is my dad confined.
The nurse directed me at one of the private room, The Room 404.

And when I arrived outside the room, I take a deep breath before entering...

......................................
At Room 404...

After I entered the room, my mom was sitting on the right side of the bed near to my father.
That is the first time I saw my mom so sad. A deep sadness that never in my entire life I've seen.

Then, after a minute of hesitation, I decided to approach my mom to give her my comfort.

Mom? When my mom saw me, she hugged me so tight and cried so hard.

Sweetie, thanked god you are here, I.... I.... Her voice was trembling while hugging me.

I didn't say any word, I let my mom cried on my shoulder and gave her all the comfort that she needs.
Even to myself, I wanted to cry, but I didn't show it to my mom, who is basically absent-mindedly in the whole situation. I'm still holding back my tears.

And after a few minutes, my mom get back to her senses and talked to me.

Sweetie, I am.... Sorry that you have to see me like this. I know that I told you many times that you have to be a strong and independent woman.

It's okay mom, you don't need to say sorry. I know we can surpass this problem.

I know we can, sweetie. She nodded but with a sadness on her face.

Mom, what happen to him?
I didn't see him like this before? Does the doctor diagnose him already?
What did the doctor say? I asked my mom continuously because I wanted to know everything what happened to my dad.

My mom took a deep breath and explain everything to me.

The doctor says that your father is facing a stage-four lung cancer, and he has only 8 months to live.
He collapsed in the office, and they hurriedly bring your dad in this hospital.
And then they take many lab tests, and everything you heard was the diagnosed by his doctor.

And after I heard everything my mom said, I felt like my world was falling apart. I don't know how to react. I can't find a right word that can go back to my senses and then suddenly my mom hugged me.

It's hard sweetie, I know...

Then, I can no longer hold it back. I let myself cry so hard. So hard that I can't accept the fact that my dad will be going to die.

After I cried, I talked to my mom on what would be needed to do to make all day to be special and give the feeling to my dad that everything is okay.

My mom decided to discuss it with me alone at home and not now wherein my dad was at our side who is unconscious now.

Mom, go home now and take some rest. I'll be here for dad, don't worry. I already informed our driver to wait for you outside. You have to take care of yourself too, mom.

Thank you sweetie, I love you.

I love you too, mom.

After my mom leave the room, I sat beside my dad. I looked at him and I can't help myself to cry again.
Everything was so fast, I didn't realize that this kind of situation will be going to happen to our family.

I look down and sigh, then my dad open his eyes slowly and looking at me.

Sweetie... then I raise my head, and look straight at my dad.

Dad?! How's your feeling? Do you feel any pain? Let me call your doctor. I said and cried when I saw him awake already.

Before I stand up and call his doctor, my dad hold my hand, and then I face him again.

Yes, dad? Do you need anything? Just tell me. I couldn't hide the worry all over my face.

Nothing sweetie.
All I need is you to sit here by my side.

But...

Please sweetie?

Okay, dad.

My dad held me as if I am still his little princess that he always hold when I have a problem.

Then I break the silence...

Dad.... Are you sure you're okay?

Yes sweetie, I'm okay, don't worry.

I hesitate at first, but then I ask my dad.

Dad what happened? When did you endure so much pain?
Pain that even me, your daughter, didn't see that you are battling in your illness on your own.
Why didn't you tell us? I sadly said while looking at my dad.

Sweetie, I am sorry if I didn't tell you and your mom about my illness.
I don't want you and your mom to be worried about me.

But dad, we are family.
And family supposed to be support each other even in the hardest time.
I know you worried about us and love us, but we love you too.
And it breaks my heart now that I can't do anything for you, I can't accept the fact that you are going to die, dad.
I just can't! Said to my dad, and my tears started to fall again.

I can't hold it back anymore, a feeling I have now was undistinguished.

My dad was quiet and looked at me with a sadness and tears flowing in his face...