31 | Fingers and Toes

Start from the beginning

"Alright but don't complain when Ari hits you for being late," He teases before whistling for Lennie to follow and the two leave but the door barely closes before I have Alexei's lips on mine.

"Mmm, you sure you want to risk a beating?" I moan as he pulls me up on the counter and thinks about it for a second.

"You know on that thought, maybe not," He tries to walk away but I pull him right back. 

"Don't you dare," 

***

"I think they'll all be friends, my kid and your kids," 

Dante tries to cheer me up as I rest my head on the toilet seat while the room spins around me. As the Gamma, he watches over me when Alexei is away just as Alexei watches over Ari. The morning started off great and everything was fine until the morning sickness hit.

I close my eyes to try to center myself, rubbing my stomach as if that could soothe the little ones making me sick. It's not their fault but I worry about them. I can barely eat a few crackers and blueberries before it all goes downhill into the toilet.

 Some nights I can eat other nights I just get sick right after. What if I don't get enough nutrients for our boys? What if something happens and they grow wrong because of me? What if I wasn't healthy enough and should have waited after all? 

What if I'm getting sick because I'm not good enough to carry his babies? One of them will be the future alpha after all. What if-

"How do you even prepare for triplets? Are you going to let them all share the same crib or give them different ones?" Dante asks and I hear the small drips as my tears fall into the empty toilet. 

"Dante, can you please just...be quiet," I sniffle as I try to wipe my tears. 

I just want advice, I want to be able to talk to someone about these things, to be cuddled and held but not by my mate. 

"Oh fuck, Wei," Dante drops something on the floor as he comes to my side, giving me a small towel to wipe my mouth before holding my exhausted body in his arms as I weep. 

"Hey, I know it sucks now, but you'll be okay," He coos, but I don't even know if it's going to be okay anymore. 

"I want my papa and I want my mama too but he can't even look at me without crying because I look too much like papa and I don't want to cause him any more pain," I wept into his arms and Dante didn't say anything. He just held me not knowing what else to do which is okay because I don't know what to do either. 

"I want him back,"  I sniffled, my voice weakened by my tears. 

I didn't even know I was asleep until I heard Alexei's voice as he talked to someone.

"I'm sorry, I really am. But I couldn't keep it any longer. He needs you," 

"It's fine Alex, I don't mind," 

I feel a gentle hand rested on my forehead that didn't have the spark of Alexei, slowly opening my eyes I gaze upon my tired Mama's face and gasp. Nearly jumping backward when I realize I'm no longer in the bathroom but in my own bed. 

"Mama, what are you doing here?" I asked him, but he just hushed me as he slowly forced me to lay back down. 

"Alexei told me that you weren't feeling good and my grandbabies were giving you trouble," He says and I instantly glare at Alexei who just crosses his arms and glares right back.

"Stop being mad, it's wasting your energy because I'm already here. Why didn't you tell me sooner Wei?" Mama chastises me as he places a small plate of fruits, crackers, and cheese on my nightstand before handing me a small cup of tea. 

"I'm sorry Mama, I just didn't want to bother you," I tell him and he brushes my hair back with so much love and care that only a mother could give. 

"Shhh, here drink up. Your grandfather taught Noah how to take care of morning sickness and he did this for Mason when he was pregnant and he never got sick again," Mama coaxed me and I trusted him as I did so.

"How are Dad and Kua doing?" I dared to ask him seeing that he was looking slightly better from the last time he was on my doorstep.

"I'm just going to go put Cyprus to bed," Alexei excuses himself and Mama remains quiet for a little bit. I take a cracker with some cheese from the plate and much a little bit.

"Your dad is doing a better. He asked the Elders if he could get back to work to take his mind off things so they're giving him back his privileges bit by bit," Mama explains with his hand rested on my knee. 

"What about Kua?" I ask him and he just quietly nods for a bit. 

"He keeps to himself for the most part. Every time I try to talk to him it's like...it's like he's not there at all," Mama admits and I start to feel a little sleepy.

"You can talk to me you know. I'm not just a kid anymore," I remind him and he smiles, running a comforting hand up and down my leg.

"I know, but I'm still your parent Waylon and I do my best to make sure my pain will never be yours. There are things about me that have happened to me that you will never know and that's okay. You'll understand one day soon," He puts his hand on my stomach and I feel a little tapping on the walls of my stomach. 

Wait, was that? 

"I hope I can be at least half the mom you are," I sigh as my eyes start to close and I feel him kiss my forehead. 

"And I know you're going to be a better mom than I ever was," were the last words he said to me before falling into a deep sleep.

***********************

Y'all keep commenting about how cute Waylex is and all I'm saying is...Pierce and Mika were cute too then look what happened 🙈