024

During the following weeks, Lucy was struggling to get through but spent as much time as she could over at the Cullens. It felt odd being a neutral party in all of this, but she helped keep things civil where she could. The pack was out there now, patrolling the woods around them keeping the Cullens locked away in their own home over something they couldn't have ever predicted. It didn't seem fair. Not to her at least.

"You need to hunt." She looked over at Rose and Emmett, the pair curled up on the couch as Bella slept peacefully on the other. Their eyes were dark, and they somehow seemed even paler than they usually were. Emmett had to leave the room the other day when Lucy had accidentally sliced her finger open while making dinner for her and Bella. Jasper has gotten better about his thirst, thankfully no longer wanting to attack someone at the site of just a paper cut now, but with none of them being able to hunt, they were all on edge and she could see that plain as day.

"We're fine," Rose stated simply, her beautiful eyes looking over Lucy and for the first time saw how worn out she looked. "Are you alright?" Concern clear on her features. Lucy looked like she hadn't slept in at least a week, she was sluggish and running off to the bathroom more often but would dodge Carlisle questions if she could. Rose felt stupid for not noticing any sooner.

"I'm perfectly fine, why?" The younger Swan had turned her attention back to the book she had gotten from Emmett earlier, something to pass the time that wouldn't wake up Bella. She didn't need, or want, to get yelled at again because she 'sneezed too loud'.

"You just," she sighed. "You sure you feel alright?" Lucy put her book down, making sure to mark her page to come back to later.

"I still feel a bit sick, yes, but I'm better." She was resolute, regardless of if she actually felt like death itself, she wasn't about to let anyone know that. "I'm fine Rose, really." She waved her off with one hand and rubbed her stomach slightly with the other before going back to her book.

"You're an awful liar," Emmett smirks, never taking his eyes off his own book as he speaks. "So cut the crap and tell us the truth." She chuckles at him, shaking her head.

"Fine." She finally sighs. "I'm not like I was but I still get sick every now and again, I don't understand why. The flu wouldn't last this long, would it?"

"What did Carlisle say?" Rose asked, moving to sit up instead of leaning against Emmett.

"I uh, I haven't told him that I'm still sick. He has Bella to worry about, he doesn't need to add my stupid sickness to that list." She looked down to the floor, a wave of nausea washing over her faster then she had expected. She bolted off of the couch and to the nearest bathroom, almost not making it, but thankfully she did as Rose held her hair up for her and rubbed her back doing her best to soothe her.

"Shhh," the blonde soothes. "I'm right here." She stays with her long after she was dry heaving, her body trying to purge something that was no longer there. Once she felt she could, Lucy moved and sat back against the tub and closed her eyes as Rose followed her lead. The two sat in complete silence, it was rare nowadays that the Cullens home was as silent as tonight, but they welcomed it. The two didn't have to speak, talk about things that were used to fill the silence, they preferred the silence over a useless conversation. That was until Rose heard what Paul had, that unmistakable heartbeat that was just barely there under Lucy's, Rose couldn't help but gasp at the thought.

"What? What's wrong?" Lucy asked panicked as Rose grabbed her hand. "Rose?" The blonde was in shock, didn't know what to say or how to even say it if she did.

"You're... you're pregnant?" She asked, almost afraid to even utter the word with everything else that was going on with those in and around the house right now.