012

The next few weeks were hard for both the pack and the Cullens, the vampires tried their best to get along with the wolves but the pack genuinely wanted nothing to do with them. They tolerated the vampires the best they could but Paul was ready for this protection detail to be over with so he could keep his preferred distance away from them.

"I brought you guys some lunch." Lucy smiled as she carried out a box full of leftover containers of the meal she had just prepared. Bella had taught her how to cook while they lived with their mom but Emily helped her hone in that skill, especially baking.

"What is it today," Jared asked as he grabbed the box from her, they had already shifted and had their usual jean shorts on, but Quil and Seth were both being rather standoffish.

"I made some Italian chicken, rice, hand mashed potatoes, and asparagus." She smiled very proud of herself.

"Ewwww asparagus." Seth choked on his own spit.

"Well if you guys don't want it, I'll gladly take it. Everything else is for you guys, I saved some of the potatoes for me though. Hand mashed potatoes with butter and a little bit of garlic seasoning are my weakness."

"Mine too!" Seth smiled, the teens moving into the swan's backyard, sitting down before digging into the food. They fell into a comfortable silence as they ate, the silverware stabbing of various foods and the occasional chewing was all that could be heard as Bella came out to join them.

"What's for lunch?" She smiled, Seth was still apprehensive towards her.

"I only made enough for us, I'm sorry." Lucy apologized not even realizing Bella was even home as she had spent the night at Edwards.

"Oh, uh it-it's okay. I'll just go make something for myself." The group nodded and began talking to each other about a movie Quil wanted to see after everything was over.

"What's her deal," Jared asked, pointing his eyes towards Bella, who was now watching them from the kitchen window.

"Who knows." Lucy shrugged. "She upset Jacob and Edward a few weeks ago, I'm sure you guys heard about it." They all nodded. "She's been such a bitch lately, ever since she started dating Edward really." She murmured. "I wish our lives were normal," she chuckled. "Why couldn't we just be normal teens with a normal life? I'd fight with my dad and cry to Paul about it, Paul and I would probably break up and get back together a million times. You guys would get sick of us because of that."

"We already are sick of you." Quil chuckled making them all laugh with him. "I wish the Cullens never lived here." He admitted. "We wouldn't all be what we are if they hadn't."

"Is that such a bad thing? I mean it brought us closer together." Seth interjected.

"Your not wrong, but this isn't something I would have chosen for myself." Paul interrupted them, Lucy smiling up at him as he walked out of the woods. "I was a hothead before I shifted and that only made it worse."

"Lucy helps you through," Jared smirked, knowing he was right.

"I was lucky to find her." Seth, Quil, and Jared faked gaging as he bent down and kissed her lightly.

"One day all of you are going to find your imprints and be just as bad as Paul and I."

"Definitely not." Seth laughed. "I will never be as cheesy as you two."

"Hey! We aren't cheesy." She pouted making the boys laugh at her.

"Hey, guys." Charlie called out." I'm heading out so make sure she gets home safely tonight." Charlie was obviously left out of the loop on the protection detail but he had only noticed the boys hanging around more for lunch.