020

!!!!!!!!!There will be a small amount of poorly written smut at the end of the chapter!!!!!!!!

Things have settled into a comfortable silence, four long months having passed after the battle against the newborns and two months since she had had her cast removed. Lucy, however, couldn't shake the feeling that she was being watched, the only time she felt any reprieve was when she was on the reservation. Now that Jacob wasn't stuck up her older sister's ass they had been able to spend a lot of time together when Paul was on patrol, they had missed one another so deeply that they often slept over at the other house. Much to Paul's dismay as that meant he had to share a bed with Jacob, Lucy in the middle of them cuddled up to Paul as her back faced her best friend when he stayed with her in Forks.

Charlie had caught them one morning, obviously furious that his youngest was sleeping with her boyfriend, however the moment he saw Jacob with them, all of them snoring to the high heavens he couldn't help but laugh, snapping a picture on his camera and couldn't wait to show Billy. He chalked it up to falling asleep on accident and had a talk with Lucy in the morning leaving her absolutely mortified and apologizing profusely, telling him that it was a one-time thing and would certainly never happen again. He only smiled at her, a chuckle playing on his breath at seeing her so flustered, he told her that it was okay and that all Paul had to do was ask and he had a place to stay on the couch, maybe even the floor of her room if they stayed together longer. Lucy was shocked, Paul even more so, having thought Charlie was going to come after him with his trusty shotgun. But that would never happen, unless he actually hurt her, which he knew wouldn't happen.

"Dad!?" Lucy called out as she ran into the house, her anger overtaking her in ways she hated. "Dad!!"

"Kitchen lu, what's wrong?" He asked as she stomped into the room.

"When were you going to tell me that Bella was getting married," Charlie swore he saw steam coming out of her ears as she slammed the wedding invite down onto the table. "And TOMORROW no less!" She was hurt, yes their relationship was not the best, but she had hoped Bella would get over whatever grudge she had been holding and just try. But clearly, that wasn't even going to happen.

"I thought you had gotten one." Charlie was absolutely shocked, not understanding why Bella would even do this.

"I found out from Jacob, and only because I saw it on his dresser. No one even bothered to tell me." She scoffed the pain clear in her eyes as she wrapped her arms around herself. "How could she do this?!" She grunted, her eyes on the floor as she was painfully aware that her eyes were no longer their natural color. "I know," she sighed, her anger dissipating into sadness as her eyes slowly went back to normal. "I know she hates me but she can't even pretend to want me there. Mom's going to ask where I am, and Phil too."

"Lucy." The older man grabbed his dough tee by the shoulder lightly, pulling her into him, engulfing her in a hug. "I'm so sorry."

"I'm gonna go," she sniffled. "Try and talk to the Cullens or something." She whispered, hugging him back and really not wanting to let go, but she knew if she didn't she would end up crying and she didn't want that.

"Are you sure? Do you want me to go with you? Do-" she cut him off by holding a small hand up, his overprotective side shining through and while she greatly appreciated it. She didn't want him to try and intervene.

"I'm fine dad," she smiled weakly up at him, tears threatening to spill over and she wished she wasn't so darn emotional as of late. "I swear, I'll call you if I need you but I promised Emmett and Rose I was coming over anyway." She shrugged, slinking away and pulling Paul's jacket tighter around her feeling absolutely horrid.