016

"What the hell do you mean Victoria is after Lucy." Paul snapped as Carlisle explained what Alice has seen in her vision.

"They were passing around Bella's scent, and then Lucy's.." Alice interjected. "I don't know what they want from her." The group went silent for a moment, the loud music from the party filing the empty space as Paul watched Lucy dancing, blissfully unaware of what was to come. The smile plastered on her face as she danced around with Jessica and Angela, her mouth belting out the lyrics to the song with her eyes closed, enjoying the moment. She was enjoying being a normal teen, even if it was just for part of the evening. She didn't have to worry about someone coming after her, she didn't have to worry about keeping the wolves and vampires away from one another. He wished he could keep it that way, but he knew that wasn't going to be possible.

"How come we weren't told that something was taken from Lucy when they first came to the house," Jacob asked. "I mean if you could tell that he was in Bella's room, and what they touched why couldn't you do the same for Lucy?"

"We figured he had gone through every room" Edward finally spoke up. "We didn't know that they had taken something from her." Paul scoffed at the poor excuse but let it go, he couldn't afford to make a scene now.

"So what's the plan," Paul asked, turning his attention back to Carlisle.

"Do you think Sam could come to an understanding? Help us destroy this army?" Paul thought for a moment, the question already answered by Sam through the pack link. "We're in." He smirked.

"I don't think this is such a good idea." Bella stuttered. "You guys could get hurt." She protested. "O-or killed."

"This is what we do," Jacob smirked, a newly found attitude finally seeing some truth in what Lucy had said to him last night. "At least we will be able to kill some vampires." Rosalie rolled her eyes at the comment, wrapping arm with Emmetts who squeezed her hand gently. The group spent a few more moments setting a meeting time up within the next couple of days before the pack made their way out to the dance floor where Lucy still was. Belting out the words to "I write sins not tragedies." With a wide smile, Paul picked her up and spun her around, a loud squeal leaving her lips as she laughed.

"Paul." She chuckled. "Put me down." She protested slightly as he spun her around again, kissing her face where ever he could.

"Get a room," Angela yelled out over the music, laughter from the rest of the group soon followed as Lucy's face turned to beat red.

"Ready to go?" Paul whispered, tired of being on edge and wanted nothing more than to go home and go to bed.

"When you are." He only nodded his head and she knew he was ready to go, he was probably ready to leave the moment he had walked in the door. She made quick work of saying goodbye to her new friends, Mike and Eric practically tackled her in a group hug before letting her go. All of them promising to text her the next day to set up plans to hang out again soon, Paul lightly dragging her away as the rest of the pack followed them.

"So made some new friends?" Embry asked, a weird smirk plastered on his face as they made it outside.

"Yeah, I did." She smirked back. "I finally have some normal friends." She joked making Jacob roll his eyes and Embry fake a pout. "I'll see you guys over at Emily's tomorrow?"

"Like you should have to ask at this point." Quil chuckled. The group saying a quick goodbye before they went their separate ways, the pack went into the woods while Paul and Lucy got into his truck and made their way up the winding dirt driveway.

~

"What!" Lucy yelled unintentionally, Emily lightly scolding her for being so loud. "When did you guys find this out." She was in her usual seat at the table, the pack around her as Sam explained what they found out last night at the graduation party.