Chapter 27: Destination: Permanent Vacation

3 months flew by quickly than I imagined. I didn't really have an expectation when I started this this trip. It was an impulsive decision on my end, I wanted time away from everything and reinvent myself.

The first stop on my Asian trip was Tokyo, Japan. I stayed there for two weeks. The first week, I lodged in one of those capsule hotels I've been hearing about. It wasn't as cramped as I thought it'd be. It was perfect for me, specially since I travelled alone. I spent most days walking around the city with a camera on hand. After that, the rest of my stay I spent in the Airbnb I rented out.

I tried the local food and went to try the ramen restaurant where you dine alone. In some countries, dining alone might be a bit awkward. But here, it wasn't unusual at all.

I didn't realize how liberating it could be to travel alone until now. I moved on my pace and I didn't have to think about anyone. It was just me.

After Japan, my next destination was South Korea.

I stayed there for a month.

I heard from some clients that South Korea is a wonderful place to visit. The culture is rich and the food is amazing.

Before going to Korea, I did my research.

I found out there's a whole genre dedicated to them in Netflix called Kdrama. Curiosity got the best of me and I decided to watch one series and soon enough I was in too deep in the Kdrama World. Which is the reason why I decided to stay in Korea for a month. I made sure to make a list of places to visit where the Kdrama series I watched had taped before. My inner fangirl came out on this one.

The next country I ventured into was Singapore. I decided to stay there for a week, it was a small country compared to the first two so I decided a week would be enough to go around.

Then I was off to the Philippines.

I was there for a month and a half. Since it's a country made of islands lumped in together, it was rich in nature. I opted to visit places that are more the nature inclined. The white sand beaches lived up to my expectation, I joined some group tours for this one, I thought it might be more enjoyable that exploring alone. And I was right, I met some interesting people in that group tour so I decided to travel with them the rest of my stay.

I'm all about trying new things now, and to commemorate my first solo trip. I got myself a tattoo, A head of a lion marked on my index finger.

The last stop on my adventures was Bali, Indonesia.

My friends and family did live up to their promise that they won't contact me, or at least limit contacting me during the duration of my trip. Except Ed, that bastard bombarded me from the start. If it were up to him, he would join me on this venture.

I walked out and sat on a chair on the balcony of my hotel as I checked my messages, in two days time I'll be back into reality.

I took a sip from my coffee as I look out into the ocean. It was a bit windy today but it was just the right amount. I felt refreshed sitting here, peaceful.

I grabbed a pen and a notebook out from my tote bag and started to write.

Instead of bottling my feelings up and worrying constantly about things I have no control over, writing sort of became my theraphy. I don't have to think about it much, it flows freely.

You.

Just like catastrophe's , it's not easy to rebuild.

If everything you knew or thought you knew comes crashing down.