Chapter 1: A Pretty Bad Idea

My life's been pretty busy ever since my career as an event planner kicked off; wedding, meeting, seminar, birthday party, anything! You name it, we plan it. I got my big break when I landed a gig to plan a wedding for one of New York's elite families. Everyone was invited; it was featured in a magazine. After that, gig's started pouring in. People came knocking at my door, asking me to plan their events. Because of that, I decide to move in Manhattan and open up an office here.

"My god! They call that food? If we push through with them as our caterer, our reputation will be destroyed." Erica exasperated; walking out of the building. She got Jessica's habit of exaggerating things.

"Calm down will you? It's not that bad, a few tweaks here and there and their dishes will improve." I explained.

She rolled her eyes at me. "Please, nothing can be done to improve their cooking, and their service crew is disrespectful."

"Someone from their service crew," I emphasized. " Not all of them, plus you only find someone disrespectful if they don't agree with you."

"That's a lie."

"Do you want me to enumerate how many times you found me disrespectful when I don't agree with you?"

"Okay, I get it."

"So what's the verdict?" I asked her.

"It's a no for me."

"But didn't you say they're the one your client requested to cater the food?"

"Shit! You're right; I need to come up with something bad so my client will ditch them. Then I can hire our usual catering company."

I shook my head. "Who's the one jeopardizing our reputation now?"

Erica groaned.

"Look I'll call Pierre and ask him to help them out." I added.

"Yes!" Erica beamed. "Pierre is a miracle worker; if he can tweak my cooking and make it into a cuisine, he can do anything."

I chuckled.

The people working in our company are people whom we've met in our life, they aren't just our employees. They became our friends; we became a family, maybe that's one of the reasons why our business is a success.

Erica and I work separately; we only plan an event together if it's really big and if it's from a huge client. Usually, we work together on galas, company events and whatnot. But other than that, we steer clear away from each other. Call it creative differences.

Erica dropped me off at the office as she went on to meet with her client.

"Hi Chloe, how'd the food tasting go?" Vivien asked.

"Call Pierre for me will you?"

"Oohhh... That bad huh?" she snide.

"Not exactly, but you know Erica..." I said; taking my coat off. "So, what are my appointments for today?"

"Not much, the guests all confirmed for tonight's party. Everything is smooth for tonight's event as always. Also your dress for tonight already arrived. It's in your office." She handed me a few pieces of paper. "Those are business cards and phone numbers of the people and companies who wants to hire us. I told them we'll give them a call back as soon as possible."

I skimmed through the pile she gave me.

"By the way, your two o'clock is waiting for you in your office. I already let her in since you're already on your way back; her name's Renee."