Chapter Two

"Mujeh lagtha hai tumeh yaha se shuru karna caahiye (I think you should start from here)"

Ravi Sir said pulling out a picture from the ones scattered on my desk.

"Yeh kaun hai sir? (Who is this Sir?)"

"Ayan Malik, kuch waqt pehele iska questioning hua tha mere same ek doosre case ke liye (Ayan Malik, some time back he was questioned in front of me for another case)"

"Was he convicted?"

"Nehi, lekin yeh dangerous hai (No but he is dangerous)"

"Toh woh baahar kyu ghoom raha hai (Then why is he roaming outside?)"

"Kyuki logon ki dil aur dimaag ke saat khelne ki sazaa nehi hothi (Because there is no punishment for playing with peoples heart and brain)"

"OH"

"Uss case ka investigation officer Mrs.Shabhana thi filhaal toh woh leave peh hai lekin waapas bulwa loonga main she will be a lot of help to you (the investigation officer for the case was Mrs. Shabhana currently she is on leave but I will call her back she will be a lot of help to you)"

"Wait.....Shabhana Khan?"

"You got a problem with that"

"Suna hai usne saare proof hone ke baawajoot ek criminal ko jaane diya (I have heard that she let a criminal go even though she had all the proof)"

"She provided Justice Mr. Sahil Sharma aur woh decision mera bhi tha (She provided Justice Mr. Sahil Sharma and that decision was also mine)"

"Hamaraa kaam justice dilana nehi apni duty karna hai Sir (Our Job is not to provide justice sir we are here to only do our duty)"

"Main use bula raha hoo and that's final tumeh koi problem hai toh complaint kar sakthe ho (I am calling her if you have a problem with that you can file a complaint)"

***

Shabhana's POV

"Shabhana......kya kar rahi ho yaar, lunch toh kar le (Shabhana what are you doing yar, at least have your lunch)" Karan said.

"Resignation likh rahi hoo hamare shaadi ke liye jo leave liya tha woh katam hone wali hai aur mere waapas jaane ka koi iraada nehi hai (I am writing my resignation, the leave I took for our wedding is going to be over and I have no intentions of going back)"

"Shabhana you sure about this, you used to love your job"

"That was before I let a criminal walk out freely"

"Hum dono jaanthe hai yaar ki tumne jo kiya woh sahi tha (Both of us know what you did was right)"

"But still....."

I was talking when my phone rang it was Ravi Sir.

****

Sahil's POV

"Hum kyu apni hi beti ko maarne ki koshish karengi sir (Why will we try to kill our own daughter Sir?)"

Nazneen's dad asked me as the other officers continued searching their house for some kind of a lead.

"Ji yeh sirf ek routine procedure hai, humeh please hamari duty karne dijiye (this is just a routine procedure please let us do our job)"

I walked into Nazneen's room at first glance it looked like a normal girl's room but there was something weird about the room. As I was walking around her room I got a call it was from Ravi sir he asked me to come to the police station soon.