Chapter - 5

Jace POV

Jace, Julian and Alec rushed forward. He could hear the sound of wings beating above them. Apparently, Percy's ability to talk to horses extended to Pegasi. He would never get used to it. Thalia however, was running behind them. Jace sensed that she was afraid of heights.

"We're here" Julian announced, after an hour of hard running. They weren't exhausted, but it looked like Thalia was. The Pegasi touched down, and all the demigods slid off of them. Damn.. I'm never going to get used to the fact that demigods exist, Jace thought.

A beautiful black pegasus nudged Percy.

"Blackjack I'll call you later, I need to be with them" Percy gestured to them.

The pegasus neighed a lot. And by a lot, Jace meant A LOT.

"Blackjack!!! How rude!!! This mission is as important as your donut addiction!!" Percy gasped.

Blackjack nudged Percy again and neighed.

"Sure... I'll get donuts whenever I can. And don't call me Boss!!!"

He yelled as the pegasi took off.

"I'm never going to get used to it" Alec sighed.

The demigods grinned. But their grins faltered as they looked around.

"Where's the Institute? Why are we in an abandoned church?" Annabeth asked, looking around in confusion.

Julian smirked. "Just like the mist clouds mundanes' vision, we have glamour. Try looking away for a few seconds, and when your mind wanders, look back immediately"

Everyone except the girls looked confused.

"What?" Percy asked.

"Seaweed Brain... Just follow our lead"  Annabeth said, rolling her eyes.

Jace chuckled. "You call him seaweed brain?"

"Yeah." Annabeth said, shrugging.

All the girls followed Julian's instructions, and gasped as the Institute came into view.

"Oh my Gods!! It's so huge!!" Piper exclaimed.

"Yep. The Institute can house up to a 100 Shadowhunters" Alec said proudly.

"Umm guys...? Still can't see a huge, 100 room building??" Percy said.

Everyone laughed. Jace loved their reactions, it was priceless.

"Kelp Head. Look away. Think about something else. Look at it again" Thalia said, glaring at all the guys.

"Thanks Pinecone face" Percy said.

All the male demigods followed Thalia, and then gaped at the sight in front of them.

"You actually weren't kidding were you? Jason said, still open-mouthed.

" Oh no. For one Alec never jokes so casually. And two, there really are hundred rooms" Jace said, snickering.

"I can sense a lot of death" Nico whispered, looking even more pale.

That erased the joking looks of all the three Shadowhunters. The son of Hades could sense death. Jace didn't want to think about Max... Robert...

"Everyone in this Institute has already faced death, gone though literal hell and back" Julian said quietly.

The demigods glanced at Nico, Percy and Annabeth. They must have faced hell too, Jace thought.

"I'm... Sorry" Hazel whispered, breaking the silence.