10- Hang Out pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"Well, it's nice bumping into you. And by the way, you're looking cute as always," I overheard. Now he's flirting with him?! This day was supposed to be just me and Ted, not some guy from our school flirting with him.

"Who was that?" I asked, trying not to let my annoyance show.

"K-Kaden. He's from my German class," he said with a smile. He even smiled when he said his name. That Kaden guy is going to pay for this!

As I let that thought slide away from my mind, I look through the menu again and picked out a burger, a side of fries, and a milkshake.

"Have you picked what you'll order?" I ask Ted. He took one last look and nods as he set the menu down.

I called the waiter and we ordered. He ordered a club sandwich, a side of onion rings, and water.

"You don't want anything else to drink other than water?"

"N-No," he answered with a smile.

C'mon Ted, loosen up to me. I want to know you.

"So, what have you been up to?" I try to start a conversation.

"N-Nothing much," he answered. Damn, it's so hard talking to Ted

"Anything interesting that happened to you this week?" I try another topic.

"T-The most i-interesting thing that has happened to me this week is me being assigned to t-tutor you and some o-other thing," he replied.

"H-How about you?" He asked

"The most interesting? Um... probably having this hang out with you, a date, as other people would call it," I told him making him look down and blush.

He's so adorable.

Our food came and we started to eat. All I can say is Ted's so cute when he eats, especially when he ate those onion rings. I love it how he closes his eyes every time he takes a bite of those onion rings.

"You like those onion rings?" I ask

"I REALLY like them," he said, stuffing another onion ring into his mouth. Well, that changed his mood.

I laugh and take a bite of my burger. It was alright. I've had better ones before.

"Do you like horror movies?" I ask out of the blue.

"Oh, I love horror movies, even though I get scared every time," he said emphasizing the word 'love'.

"I guess your in luck cause we'll be watching a movie after," I said and I see him light up.

"Really?!" He asked excitedly.

"Yeah," I answered with a nod.

I've never seen this side of Ted where he gets super excited and bubbly. It looks so different on him but it fits him. A cute boy with a cute personality.

We finished eating but I still haven't taken a sip of my milkshake. It was a chocolate milkshake and it was a pretty good milkshake.

"Do you want to try my milkshake?" I asked Ted.

"Um... sure," he said and I let him take a sip from the same straw. Yes, from the same straw. So it's like an indirect kiss if you think it my way.

Woah, hold your thoughts Zach. Ted's just a friend.

"Mmm, it's so good," he said.

"Do you want me to order you another one?" I suggested.

"Nah. If I drink a milkshake that big, then I wouldn't have enough room for popcorn," he said with a laugh.

"You want to share? I can ask for another straw," I told him, pointing to the milkshake.

"Yeah, why not?" He answered.

I called the waiter and asked for another straw. He gave me the straw and put it in the milkshake cup. We were both drinking at the same time. I don't know why I did but I looked up while drinking and was met with a beautiful pair of eyes.

They were a deep blue, almost like the ocean. They were happy, cheerful eyes. Something Ted isn't like most of the time. Hell, I don't even know if I've seen him this cheery.

Even though they were happy eyes, I could see that he was hiding something. Could it be sadness? Guilt? Who knows. They're like the ocean, deep, blue, and full of mystery.

"Zach? Zach!" I was pulled off of his eyes by his voice. I shake my head and blink my eyes.

"You've been staring at me for like 2 minutes," he laughed.

"Oh, sorry. I was thinking of something," I said as an excuse.

"So, should we go see the movie now?" He asked excitedly.

I nod with and asked the waiter for the bill. As I was getting my money, Ted took out his wallet.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Uh... paying for my food?" He answered.

"No, no. I'll be paying. I am the one who asked you out on a da- I mean, to hang out," Ugh. Sam's words are getting into my head. But I don't mind it being a date.

Stop it, Zach!

"You sure?"

I nod in reassurance. I paid for the food and we were of to the movie theater. I never thought that Ted would get this comfortable with me this fast. He never looked like the type to talk.

The whole car ride to the theater was filled with Ted asking about what movie to watch. I smile at Ted's cheerfulness and enthusiasm. It definitely fits him.

We arrived at the movie theater and picked out a movie. The movie was a horror movie, as expected, and fortunately, we were in time before the movie started. We got our popcorn and proceeded to Theater 4.

"I'm so excited!" Ted said as we were walking.

"C'mon slowpoke, walk faster!" He said jokingly and tugged my arm. I remind you, I was holding both of our popcorns.

We eventually got to Theater 4 where the movie was about to begin. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared but Ted seemed so excited and not scared that I would look like a wuss for being scared. Not until 30 minutes after the movie started.

I look over at Ted hiding behind his popcorn bucket. I laugh at him and continued watching the movie. Every now and then I would flinch when there would be a jump scare but what made me freeze was Ted wrapping his arm around mine and hiding behind it.

 Every now and then I would flinch when there would be a jump scare but what made me freeze was Ted wrapping his arm around mine and hiding behind it