chapter 22

EUNKYUNG

i couldn't open my eyes but i heard murmurs and soft whispers. my breath was hitching and i don't know what's happening around me.

"what happened to her?"

all i hear was panic, cries and my body can't move. after a few moments, all i could see is white. it was too bright so i covered my eyes.

"eunkyung?" i heard a voice. i turned around as i scanned my eyes looking for the voice. "eunkyung!" my name was continuously repeating and i couldn't find it anywhere.

"who are you?" i asked softly "eunkyung" i looked behind me to see wonwoo. "wonwoo?" he gives a smile as i run up to him and give him a hug.

"i'm sorry" i cried. he caressed my back as he pulls away and looks into my eyes. "everything will be alright, eunkyung. we can do this, okay?" he gives a smile as he wipes the tears on my eyes.

"i can't." wonwoo smiles sadly as he cups my cheeks, "i believe you can. just don't give up right now, we still have a future ahead of us." he speaks.

i closed my eyes and snuggled my face on his chest as he continues to caress my back. "i'll be right here."

"eunkyung," i looked beside me and there was jihye with the smile on her face. i quickly ran up to her and hugged her tightly.

"you're so reckless! i knew this was gonna happen." she says "i'm so sorry, i promise i'll be careful soon." she giggles and i see joshua running up to us.

he gives me a tight hug. "hey joshua," i smiled at him "don't do that, okay? we almost broke down because of what you did!" i chuckled and i looked at my surroundings.

it was so white and bright, all i could see is the three of them. i was looking at nothing but it made me stare for so long. "guys, where are we?" i asked.

no one responded.

"where are we?" i asked once again. i looked behind and there was no one. my eyebrows creased in confusion. "guys?" i called. "stop pranking!" i said.

i continued to walk even though i don't know where i was going. "hello?" i called.

no one answered.

i stood up for a moment and my expression dropped. my heart was pounding.

i questioned myself. who was i talking to? who was i looking for?

i closed my eyes.

WONWOO

we waited for hours to wait for her. we were nervous, alarmed and we didn't even know what to do.

i hope she's alright.

the door swayed open, revealing a doctor. we immediately stood up as the doctor was scanning through the papers.

"how is it?" jihye asks. the doctor sighs heavily as he closes the records.

"she didn't make it."

it felt unreal. i felt dizzy and i felt like i was gonna pass out. this isn't true. the words were stuck in my head.

eunkyung didn't make it.

"i'm sorry for your loss." the doctor bowed.

"may i please have a word with you." eunkyung's mom said and they left.

i was speechless as i sat on the chair. jihye and joshua patted my back. i closed my eyes as tears started to stream down my cheeks. "this isn't true." i murmur. i wanted to shout but i couldn't. i was stiff and the words will forever remain in my head.

how eunkyung didn't make it.

"eunkyung isn't dead!" i said. all i heard was crying as they hugged me.

there's something about this that isn't true.

jihye's pov - seventiiinnn