chapter 02

EUNKYUNG

i sat and placed my bag down. we didn't exchange looks. i was too shy to converse with her or even look at her. it's been years since we last talked.

i don't even know if she remembers me. i kept my head down ever since the moment i sat down beside her. i was so tensed.

on the corner of my eyes i can feel her stare. "hi eunkyung."

oh my god.

i looked at her very awkwardly and gave her a smile. "u-uh? hi?" i stuttered. "do you remember me?" i asked out of nowhere.

damn it.

"of course." she replied with a small curve forming in her lips "you're my bestfriend... park eunkyung."

i chuckled softly, "it's been a while." i looked away "i-i'm sorry if i'm awkward it's just that... we haven't talked for years and it feels so-"

"i understand." she cuts me off. "so, how's middle school?" she asked "u-umm... great actually. i met a lot of friends and i got good grades, i guess." i replied.

"how about you?" i asked her "pretty good. i mean middle school days weren't really for me because i went through a lot and remember the journal rants or something?"

of course i do.

i gave her a nod. "i wrote a lot of stuff there." i chuckled "me too." i said. "do you have it with you?" she asks.

"i bring it all the time." she smiles, "let's read it together in lunch, if it's fine with you." i instantly nodded and we both laughed.

"hi! i'm kang hyena" the girl in front me gave me a smile. she had her hair up, her skin was pale and she had red lips.

i have to admit, she's pretty. well everyone in this class is pretty to be honest.

"i'm park eunkyung." i gave her a smile "i see, you and jihye are friends now, huh" jihye chuckled "we've been friends since elementary."

hyena had her mouth open. "wait! is this for real? so you guys got reunited just now?" jihye nodded "wow...that's a whole new level of friendship." she clapped softly.

"eunkyung, i think you're cool. can we be friends?" she pleaded "o-of course. i want to make a lot of friends anyway." hyena smiled widely.

"you're pretty too." she said "thank you." i replied. i looked at jihye and she smiled at me.

the classroom door opened and we all went silent. "everyone, we have another transferee."

i frowned and straightened my body.

it's a boy.

"introduce yourself, please.

everyone was gossiping

"he's cute"
"i want to be friends with him he looks cool"
"omg my heart is beating so fast!"
"we probably have to join him in"

"hello, my name is jeon wonwoo."

i gotta admit, he's cute.

-

jihye's pov - seventiiinnn