chapter 11

EUNKYUNG

she stares at me with disbelief hinting on her face. "really?" she spoke softly. i nodded at her. "yes! i saw her hiding beside your house when wonwoo went to find you."

"wait, you were there?" jihye asks.

oh.

i think i got too excited. i blushed and bit my lip before nodding. jihye smiles at me.

after months of ignoring each other, i feel like we made up but not really. i hope this isn't a dream. i mean, i want us to go back like we were in elementary.

we were so close. breaking the silence i spoke to her, "you still don't believe me?" i asked and she frowns.

"i have proof." i quickly got my phone from my pocket and showed her some pictures and her eyes bulged.

"wow, she did that..." she stared "she's my friend." i placed my hand on her shoulder and she looked at me.

"i couldn't believe it too." i sighed "she listened to my rants and i thought i could trust her-" she held my hand and i looked at her.

"don't worry. you have me now."

my expression lit up. she sighs, "i'm sorry if i said all those mean things to you. i... i was just so desperate for wonwoo-" "wait, you're not going back with him?" i asked.

she smiled and took my other hand, "i believe you deserve him better." i smiled at her. "so... since she's playing with us, we have to join in so that it's fair." i raised a brow at her.

"what do you mean?" i asked "you know, we can't be the only one that's getting stepped by hyena we have to fight back. she can't do this to us! she's breaking us." i nodded.

"so are you in?" she asks and i smiled at her, "i'm in."

the next day, me and jihye went to school together. as we entered the classroom, everyone noticed.

hyena's face hinted confusion. we heard gossips everywhere and i sat on my seat. "i'm sorry, i don't understand." hyena raised a brow.

"you guys made up?" hyena asks "maybe." i replied shortly as i scrolled through my phone. no matter how hyena talked to me, i just replied coldly or shortly.

she usually gave up as she scrolled through her phone. she's distracted on her phone so i took a peak.

i can clearly see, she's sending something to the freedom wall.

minutes after, everyone's phone started to get notifications. me and jihye looked at each other and checked our phones, immediately going to the freedom wall.

SEOUL HS FREEDOM WALL
posted a second ago
so lee jihye and park eunkyung are friends again? what's the point? they're fighting over the same man anyway lmao both sluts.
- anonymous

me and jihye looked at each other and everyone started talking behind us. i looked at hyena as she "shows" me the post.

i sighed and looked at her, "that's very mean." she fakes her concerned tone. "plus, can't enemies get back together? how dare this girl call you a slut!"

"just don't mind it, she probably has low iq or something." hyena was taken back and continues to scroll through her phone.

"eunkyung," the low voice caught my attention, looking up it was wonwoo.

"can we talk? alone?" he asks.

he takes me outside as i lean on the locker. "i see that you and jihye are friends again." he says and i nod.

"umm... i know this is very stupid but did she say anything about me?" he asks, hoping that i'll say yes.

i sighed, "i'm sorry wonwoo. she didn't. the only thing she told me is that she'll move on from you and-"

no. i can't tell him about my feelings yet. he still likes her.

"and what?" wonwoo asks "and... forget about you." wonwoo sighed and nodded. "thank you, i guess. i mean i don't have to get hopes anymore that were gonna get back together." he chuckles sadly.

"by the way," he looks at me "can you go out with me after school?" i frowned.

"what?" i asked. he chuckles, "may i go out with you? please?" he asks. "i just want to forget the bad memories." he said.

"with you. let's forget bad memories together." he holds my hand.

jihye's pov — seventiiinnn