chapter 18

EUNKYUNG

"wait... we have to go there at midnight?" i asked and jihye nodded.

"that's impossible! curfew is at exactly 11 and the security will come check for half an hour before going back and we need at least half an hour to go to the school campus and to find the book and put it in the stupid toilet. it will be way past midnight then." i explained.

"we need to put the book as fast as we can." jihye replies. i licked my dry lips and sighed, "i... i have a plan for catching the person who's behind all this." i admitted.

jihye shot forward, "huh?" she asks confusingly. "i can make her admit it." i said "herself?" jihye asks, still clueless.

"yeah. she's a girl." jihye's eyes bulged "how do you know?" she creases her brows "you'll see soon enough."

after school, we waited for the halls to get empty and for the teachers to leave. jihye and i sneaked in the office but i had to stand outside so i could send a signal to jihye.

my heart was pounding but i heard footsteps coming closer. i almost shrieked when the school's headmistress showed up.

i looked at jihye and she hid under the table. "good evening, ma'am... umm mr. kim left because he has a meeting to attend to." i gulped.

"oh... then what are you doing here?" she asked "ohh uhh... i'm waiting for him to pass me my math quiz results." the headmistress nods in satisfaction.

"very well, ms. eunkyung. i shall go now and please don't stay too long." i nodded as she left. i immediately went inside and jihye sighed in relief.

"you owe me one." i spoke softly "yes, yes i know." jihye replied.

we searched for the book on every corner of the office but we found nothing. we made sure not to mess with the whole office or it will be suspicious.

suddenly, we heard keys opening the door and we immediately hid under the table. our hearts were pounding and we hoped we won't get caught.

"yah! we're gonna be late!" a low voice shouted "fine, i'm coming!" a sound like mr. kim replied. jihye took a peek while i saw a weird looking drawer beside me.

i opened it and it was the book.

i tapped her and she looked at me. i showed her the book with a smile plastered on my face, "i found it!" i said.

jihye sighs in relief, "thank god! let's go now!"

we left the room quickly and went to a room.

"so what's the plan?" jihye pants as he places down her bag. "we're gonna wait until midnight now." both of us sighed as we sat down on the cold floor.

it was finally midnight and we made sure that no one was around us. we went to same toilet as yesterday. we went in and hid in a cubicle.

"remember, when she comes, we will look at the cracks alright?" jihye nodded. i was nervous and it was hot, we were sweating.

in five minutes, she should be here anytime. we also left a little note on the front for her.

note:
we know who you are. if you'll continue this game, we'll be the one to end it.

suddenly, the door opened both of us peeked on the little cracks of the cubicle and saw a pair of boots walking in.

the cubicle where were supposed to put the book was opened. we heard her picking the book up as she groaned, crumpling the note.

we took a better look and couldn't really see her. the light from outside wasn't helping a tiny bit but i was shocked.

it was eunseo.

suddenly, everything made sense.

how she's always in front of jihye's locker, and how she was uncomfortable between us. i could see jihye's glare and i held her arm and shook my head.

she sighs lowly and nodded.

at least, now we know.

jihye's pov — seventiiinnn