5. Explainations

This chapter dedicated to the sweetest~   jungkoookshi  💕

The sound of hissing and grunting echoed in the bathroom, as Scarlett dressed her hand and knee wound, as fast as the sleep came to her, it drifted away faster than it came. She woke up extra early as she dressed her wounds, which still looked raw and painful. She applied the medicine and wrapped the soft gauze she found in one of the cabinets.

After a quick warm shower she decided to wear something loose, which would not stress the wounds, and she has to wear something suitable so as to cover her wounds. She sighed as she picked up a pair of loose jean and a long sleeved golden silk shirt, one of the few good things she owned, slipped into her white converses, she went to her dresser to do her hair. Combing her hair till there were no knots left, she braided them into two braids as she skipped the stairs, lightly and slowly. Scarlett never needed makeup, unlike her twin sister who bathe in the foundations and fake blush every day, Scarlett had natural rosy pink cheeks.

She quickened her steps placing them lightly and softly, so as to not make much noise, as she reached the kitchen, the events of last night came rushing to her washing her in a wave of sadness, which made her throat clog as a sob threatened to erupt, she buried her fist into her mouth biting on the skin, so as to stop the pain which made her heart ache, and also to stop any of sound escaping her. As Scarlett took deep breaths to calm herself, she made the batter of pancakes, which made her wince in pain almost every time she stirred the batter.

She hurriedly made breakfast for everyone, keeping it on the table, as she quickly made herself a toasted bread and quietly slipped out the house, the walk to the orphanage was slow, excruciating and painful, Scarlett stopped every few block to gasp, her ribs were still tender, as she deeply inhaled every time, she was worried how would she react, when any of the kid would hug her, but she would never push them away, they were only human, who embraced her and unknowingly soothed her.

Scarlett sat in a nearby park before entering in the orphanage, as it was not yet the time for her shift. She nibbled on her blueberry toast as she looked in the distance, she felt the raw pain in her heart as she looked at the kids playing with their parents; father and mother. How she wished she would also be able to play with her parents like that, but ever since her sixth birthday, her father even looked at her distastefully, she didn't know what wrong did she do, she had always loved him, he loved her until then. What happened now?

What changed? She was still the little girl asking for love, obeying everything he asked, or told.

But no one fulfilled what she wanted, everyone wanted their own good, her father arranged a marriage for her, its tomorrow, is he apologizing for the rude behavior he ever did to her, if he would love her, she would happily be the same old Scarlett which she was and which is currently was too?

Scarlett wiped her cheeks as tears fell, as she remembered when all of them came to play in the park as well, the wind slapped on her already damp face, making a shiver run down her spine.

Shaking her head, she stood up as she started towards the orphanage.

*~*

Meanwhile...

The Martinez mansion was quiet, eerily quiet. That's how the mafia king liked his house, he wanted his peace.

Niccoló sat in his chair as he worked on the recent contract with the oil company, for merging the business. Turns out that the Italian mafia king is also a business tycoon, Niccoló didn't looked a day older than twenty three. And sure, he was the rough mafia king, and business man, he was a self-made billionaire, girls swoon at his feet, but never caught his eye.