I Won't Fight You

Parker's POV:

I heard Ryan scoff in response to what I said. I put my hands back inside the blanket and clutched the car keys. I waited until I could hear Ryan getting pans before I stood up, letting the blanket hit the steps. I couldn't do anything here, Ryan would be expecting it, and he would be able to sense it through the bond. I couldn't risk it, nor could I keep risking the pack's safety by staying. I had to leave, I have no choice. Once I get far enough I could try to break the bond. If that doesn't work the distance should weaken my wolf enough that I could do it myself. That is if the distance doesn't kill me first.

I quietly climbed into the jeep and took a deep breath. It was now or never. As much as I didn't want to do this to him, I had to. He can find someone else. A better Luna. Not someone who fights it, despises the title even. Someone who didn't need to try to protect their own pack from himself. Something I wouldn't be able to do. I couldn't control when Perin came out and when he did. I was gone. There is no hope in being able to control him. I started the jeep and quickly backed out of the driveway. I looked over as Ryan emerged from the house. I threw the jeep into drive.

"I'm sorry."

Ryan shifted and started chasing after me. He hadn't answered me, making me aware of the fact that he was probably contacting Carter and the rest of border patrol.

"Parker, stop before I have to make you."

I ignored him and stepped on the gas harder. If I could cross his border he would be forced to stop. I would turn into a rogue, but it's against werewolf law to cross into unclaimed territory as a fully shifted wolf. That would be my only salvation. I saw other wolves starting to emerge from the woods and rushing to the road trying to get in front of the jeep to stop me. Everyone knows I wouldn't intentionally hurt the pack. So if they blocked the road I was screwed. I pushed the gas pedal to the floor, accelerating faster.

"I warned you." He growled through our link.

All of a sudden the jeep started slowing down. I slammed on the gas several times before looking up wide-eyed. Carter and Matt emerged from the woods, Carter pointing a device at the jeep. Of course Ryan owned a fucking remote stopper. I slammed my hand against the steering wheel of the now stopped jeep. Carter handed shorts to Ryan, who shifted before turning in my direction. I climbed out of the jeep. I looked in the direction I had been driving. One mile or less until his border marker. As stupid as it was I took off like a jet. I would fight him if it came down to it.

I heard his growl, my wolf begging me to stop running. I didn't, instead I chose to push my legs faster. The wolves quickly moved into a line trying to keep me from reaching the border. Matt appeared in front of me. Standing in between me and the wolves. He's a warrior and I really don't want to fight him too. I stopped, sliding on the dirt. My eyes darted around, seeing no escape I turned and faced Ryan who was stalking me. I dropped into a fighting stance.

"What are you doing?"

*I tried to give you an easy out, all you had to do was let me leave. But no, you couldn't do that. So now I'm going to kick your ass then leave.*

He laughed. "Not exactly a fair fight, seeing as how I won't fight you. Not for training, not to give you the fight you're itching for. I won't swing at my mate."

He was close enough to me now. I swung my right fist forward, clipping his jaw as he jerked away. I kept swinging at him, becoming frustrated when he kept dodging everything. I growled and pulled my arm back. I swung my fist at him with everything I could, spinning myself sideways when I missed. Ryan wrapped his left arm around my throat and grabbed his upper right arm before bending it and placing his right hand on the back of my head. I grabbed his arm with both hands as my body was pulled flush into his. My back against his chest. He was cutting off a little air but nothing that I couldn't ignore.