You're Projecting to me

Parker's POV:

I ducked my head as I felt my face flush. Of course, they were still in the car. I clenched my jaw and quickly climbed out of the jeep. I slammed the door before taking off towards the diner. Hopefully none of them will ask about it in the diner. I made it inside rushing like a bat out of hell. The Hostess looked up surprised.

"Everything Okay, Honey?"

"Yeah... Uh table for 6 please." I mumbled. The little bell on the door rang, signaling more people entering.

"Oh, Alpha, This way. Your usual table is free."

"Thank You, Connie." Ryan said, He threw an arm over my shoulder and guided me into following her.

"Here you go, Luna." She handed me a menu. " Am I to assume the rest of you are getting your regular?"

"Yes, M'am." They all replied, taking seats in the rounded corner booth. Leaving me the far outside seat next to Ryan.

"Molly will be here in a hot minute to take your food and beverage order, Luna." She said.

"Parker." I mumbled.

"I'm sorry?"

"My name is Parker."

"Oh... Well I wouldn't feel comfortable calling you that." She replied.

"Please." I whispered.

I could see her look at Ryan, who nodded in return. "Well I suppose if it makes you feel better I will call you, Parker. Any who, give me a shout if any of you need anything." She squeezed my forearm gently as she left.

I slowly sat in the booth and opened the menu. I could feel the tension from everyone as Carla, Sophia, and Matt tried to keep a conversation going. Carter and Ryan were staring at each other with glazed over eyes, so it's safe to assume they were mind linking. I carefully looked over the menu. Everything was fried and greasy or just greasy from being sauteed with butter, and everything had potatoes. I inwardly groaned. Having anything here is going to throw off my diet. The only reason I look like a Beta is from intense workouts 3 times a day and vigorous meal planning. No junk, no additives, no added sugar, no potatoes or excessive carbs.

"Know what you want?"

"No, not really."

"Everything okay?"

"I don't eat these things."

"Food?"

"Junk, potatoes, carbs, grease."

"It's just food, you'll be fine."

"No. I won't. Since meeting you everything has been thrown off." I glared.

"What are you talking about?"

"I am used to being up and working out by 6 am, I workout for at least an hour, then I grab a protein shake for breakfast, maybe a piece of fruit, then I do Beta work until 11 when pack training happens, that lasts maybe an hour and a half to two hours. I would grab lunch, usually consisting of some type of meat, grilled or sauteed with olive oil only, and a salad. Then I would shower, continue Beta work, and then while everyone else ate dinner, I would have my final 2 hour workout in the gym by myself, I would have another protein shake and a bowl of fruit, usually strawberries before taking another shower, finishing whatever I needed to for paperwork and then go to bed. I actually have to work really hard to keep my body the way it is. I won't go back to the little girlish runt I was."

He stared at me for a while before looking up and behind me.

"Hey, I'm Molly, I'm your server, can I take your order, Parker?"

The Huntजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें