Spaces

Credits to perfprefs1d.tumblr.com :)

Niall: Laying in bed together, you and Niall could not have been further apart. A few inches separated you from the man you once thought you’d spend forever with, but now spending tomorrow together felt like a wish that would never come true. “So, who’s gonna be the first one to start the fight?” Niall asked, defeat in his voice. He knew to that you were over. You were long over, even if you had yet to say goodbye. The moment you did speak, yet another fight would start. Who would start it, how it would drive you crazy, that didn’t matter. All that mattered was you both knew another one would start. It kept you up at night, it caused you both to never sleep. Losing everything you had worked so hard for between you, how could you sleep? And Niall wondered, when it was over, who would get over it faster? “Who’s gonna be the first to fall asleep at night?” 

Louis: Tears rolled down your face, as Louis talked to you about your relationship, or what was left of what once was your relationship. You’d been fighting for months, and going in circles. One would say they were done, walk away, and be back the next day. It never lasted when either of you left, you always came back again to try and fix things. You were both just frustrated though, tired of trying to fix something that seemed hopeless. “One day, we’ll have enough. We’ll just walk away, and that’ll be it. I wonder though, who’s gonna be the last one to drive away? Who’s gonna be the last one to forget this place? Who’ll be strong enough to actually do it.” You could barely answer, as more tears poured from your eyes, “When we do, we’ll be forgetting every single promise we ever made.” Louis felt his heart aching as well, as he replied. “Sometimes that feels like the better option than what we’re doing.”

Zayn: “You hurt me, I hurt you. We just keep taking turns,” Zayn sighed, so upset over the night before. After you’d gotten hurt over something he’d done, you’d done something back purposely to hurt him. It was a circle, you both just kept doing more and more to hurt the other, wanting to be the ‘winner’, as if they would ever be one in this. “Will we ever learn? This isn’t going to fix anything,” he finished, wishing so badly all of this would just end. He was done. He didn’t want to hurt you anymore. If that meant saying goodbye, then he would. “We both just always want to get even,” you finally replied with a heavy heart, after a long pause, “But if we both admit we’re wrong, if we both say we are horrible, and we hurt each other to make ourselves feel better, maybe… well maybe we can still save us.” Zayn wanted to believe that, he truly did, but he just didn’t see it working. “We’ve been doing this for so long, back and forth. How can we change what we’ve already done? I don’t want this anymore [Y/N].”

Harry: You knew things were truly done, when instead of holding you in his arms, like Harry always did as you cried, he just stared at you unsure of what to do. He was speechless as well. “Do you not love me anymore?” you asked, your voice barely above a whisper. This was never how you wanted things to go. “I-I do love you [Y/N], of course.” His hesitation did not make that statement seem honest to you. “We’re growing more and more apart daily. You see that, don’t you?” Nodding his head, he hated that he was agreeing with that, “The spaces between us keep getting deeper. I feel like it’s harder to reach you, even though I try.” Knowing he felt the spaces as well, as much as it hurt you, somehow brought relief to your heart. It was not just you. “It’s been this way for a long time,” you mumbled, while looking him right in the eye. He was a million miles away, while standing right in front of you, “And I don’t think the spaces will go away, and I don’t know why…”

Liam: Both wanting to prove you were right, and never wanting to give in to what the other was saying, it was going to tear you and Liam to pieces. You could both see that, but neither of you were willing to give in on what they thought. It was a fight over every little thing. There was no big fight that was hurting what you had, it was everything. “Who’s gonna be the first to compromise?” Liam questioned, as the two of you awkwardly sat watching a movie together. Trying to have a good time, when you both knew the next fight was only a moment away, it didn’t work. “Why should we have to compromise? Why can’t we just agree to disagree.” “Because we don’t,” Liam responded. You knew he was right, but as always, it was hard for you to just agree with him. It had gotten to that point in your relationship, when agreeing with something so small felt like defeat. “It’s either that, or who’s gonna be the first one to set it all on fire? And I really don’t want to see this relationship go up in flames.” You didn’t want that either. Not at all. “Then compromise.” “I think it should go both ways…”