-Chapter 29-

(Slight trigger warning)

Lexa's POV:

I finished telling Octavia the entire situation that happened at Clarke's house and looked up from the diner table. Octavia's eyes were wide and she was smirking.

"What?" I asked, slightly scared, she hadn't talked once since I started telling her the story. Octavia leaned back into the diner chair and she folded her arms with a contemplative look on her face.

"So let me get this straight, you brought up the idea of you two breaking up and she kissed you?" She summed up. I nodded and looked down at my half finished milkshake.

"What do I do when I see her again?" I asked, scared that it was going to be awkward when I next saw her. Octavia took a sip of her milkshake and gave me a thoughtful expression.

"I think you should explain the situation to her. She will probably want to talk about the kiss so you can bring the entire situation up without sounding needy." She put her milkshake down and checked her phone. I contemplated her words for a second.

"Okay, so I just have to wait until she asks to talk about it and then I can explain it?" Octavia nodded at my words.

"Yeah, pretty much. Clarke doesn't seem like one to hold grudges." She smiled down at her phone and typed something.

"Who are you texting?" I asked with curiosity, leaning over the booth's table to try see her phone.

"Lincoln. He asked me on a date." She replied.

"Aren't you guys together already?"

"Yeah but for some reason he thinks he has to take me out on a date every weekend."

"How romantic." I said sarcastically, Octavia reached over and smacked my arm.

"He is, thank you very much and I love him for that-" Her eyes opened wide and she covered her mouth with her hand. I raised my eyebrows in surprise.

"Wait, did you just say you love him?"

"Yeah. I- I guess I did." I saw Octavia's face fall slightly and I gave her a sad smile.

"O, he's not like your last one." I said gently. Octavia's last boyfriend had been abusive and when they finally broke up Octavia turned into a different person, she closed everyone off and would get into fights all the time, just so that she could feel like she had some power over her life. No one even knew that her ex was abusive until last year when she finally sat down and told us. Since then she has never really talked to anyone, she was very guarded and wouldn't even talk to guys at parties. I put my hand on hers and looked at her, her eyes were filled with tears and I could see the fear and pain that she had been trying so hard to keep away.

"I'm scared Lexa." She whispered. I got up and slid into her side of the booth before wrapping her in a massive hug. A tear fell down her cheek and she rested her head on my chest.

"It's going to be okay O." I whispered into her hair, "He's not going to hurt you, I trust him." I really did trust Lincoln. Even though we had only met this year I knew he was a good guy. But if he ever happened to step out of line I would be the first to break his back, I was not even kidding. Octavia sniffled and wiped her nose with a napkin. I released her from my grip and turned her to face me.

"O, Lincoln won't hurt you, okay?" I gave her a reassuring smile and she gave me a small smile back.

"I thought the same about Joseph." She said quietly, I sighed and wrapped her in another hug.

"If Lincoln ever even thinks about hurting you I will literally snap his neck." Octavia laughed and pulled away from me.

"Okay, I'll take your word for it." She put her money on the table and we stood up and walked into the parking lot. We got to her car and she got in.