CH. 3

One day, we had managed to bring someone back. It was a girl. "I-I can also help a lot, would y-you please let me s-stay?.." She stutters nervously. I was beyond surprised, it was her. She's alive.

My heart was pounding. There is actually a thing called destiny, I never thought that I could see you again. "She's infected, isn't she?!" Scarlett scowls at her, crossing her arms.

"I also agree with kicking her out." Jay joins in the conversation. "We should help as much as we can, I disagree with kicking her out." Harry chimes in. Ethan simply nods in agreement with Harry.

People start to argue when there are more people in a group. They blame others, refuse to think and they foster conflicts. "So, all she needs is to prove that she's useful," I mumbled to myself quietly.

It's a piece of cake manipulating others without brains. The others are just going to die anyway, I don't care about them anymore. I decided to protect her, and that's enough for me.

Before the outbreak, I met her in a library. I used to see her often there, but I hadn't talked to her much. The library was for studying, it wasn't for making friends.

After numerous days, I still kept seeing her in the same library I used to go to. I didn't know why, but I felt like I should get to know her even more, so I did.

I tried getting to know her even more without talking to her face to face. I easily knew her name from the school ID she was always wearing whenever her classes were over.

I knew that her favourite food and drink was (F/F) and (F/D). I also knew that she loved wearing clothes like (F/CL) and that her favourite colour was (F/C).

I studied each and every detail about her, even the littlest things. She always fiddles with something whenever she was nervous or scared. I really found the things she did very adorable.

Before I knew it, I was already falling head over heels for her. I made sure that I went to this library every single day whenever my classes were over. I was grateful that my classes end earlier than hers, so I waited here every day in order for me to see her beautiful face.

When I finally had mustered up the courage to talk to her, I felt like I was in pure bliss and ecstasy. It was like a dream to finally get to talk to your crush.

"Um, may I help you?" She looks up from her book and stares into my brown orbs. I felt my heart thumping and my palms were starting to sweat, but I made sure that I kept my composure.

"Oh sorry, did I disturb you?" I gave her a small smile. "Oh no, not at all!" She returns the smile. "I'm Lawrence." I held out my hand for her to shake. "(Y/N).." She replies with a smile, gladly taking me a hand and giving me a firm handshake.

Her hands were so soft and small. It fits perfectly into mine. We conversed for a while before her phone started ringing. "Oh, uh sorry I gotta take this." She stands up and moves somewhere farther.

I listened intently, and it seems that she was talking to a woman presumably her mother. "Sorry Lawrence, but I've got to go. It was nice talking to you." She gives me a warm smile, gathering up her things and walking away.

I watched her walk away from me. I wanted to run after her, I wanted her to be always with me, I wanted us to be together forever.

I immediately stood up, running after her. "(Y/N), wait!" I called out. She instantly turns around to face me, a look of confusion evident on her face. "May we see each other again?.." I looked her in the eyes, hoping she'd say yes.

She giggles, taking a sticky note and a pen out of her bag. She begins scribbling down her phone number and name, handing it over to me. "Let's meet again sometime." And with that said, she finally leaves.

I stared at the sticky note. My eyes were glistening with hope. I stared at her sloppy handwriting, chuckling to myself at how cute her handwriting was. I neatly folded the precious piece of paper gently, placing it inside my shirt pocket.

A few minutes later, my phone started ringing. I checked who the caller was and my mood suddenly drops. It was my father. "Hello?" I answered coldly.

"Lawrence, come home now. We have a few matters to discuss at home. Don't you dare be late." And with that said, he immediately hangs up.

I placed my phone back inside my bag, sighing to myself heavily. I exited the library, waiting for a taxi. Unfortunately, it started raining.

I heaved out a heavy sigh, I was already soaking wet. My clothes and my hair were drenched from the rain. I started murmuring nonsense under my breath, simply hating my life.

"Lawrence.." My eyes widen at the familiar voice. It was her again. "H-here.." She hands me her umbrella, I was hesitant to take it. I noticed that she had no other spare umbrellas left with her.

I immediately came up with an idea. This was a very perfect opportunity for me to take. "Do you want to share this umbrella?" I looked her in the eye, pulling her close to me. I held the umbrella for her since she was much shorter than me.

"T-thank you.." She mutters out sheepishly. I chuckled at her sudden shyness. "No, I should be thanking you (Y/N). So, thank you for letting me borrow your umbrella." I gazed into her (E/C) eyes lovingly.

"Your welcome!" She instantly smiles at me. I felt my cheeks heating up, by how cute she is and by how close we were standing next to each other. I took brief glances at her and her cheeks were a much brighter red than mine. Cute.

She instantly notices the bus. "Ah, I have to go, Lawrence, see ya!" She waves goodbye, hastily scurrying off to the bus. I watched her enter and pick a seat for herself. She looks out the window and waves goodbye at me.

I gave her a small smile, mouthing a small 'thank you'.

----------------

(A/N): I hope that you enjoyed this chapter!