CH. 1

°A few years later°
Present time

~~~~~☆~~~~~

"Did you guys know that grasshoppers have ears in their bellies?" I said with a smile plastered on my face. "What?!" "Woah, really?!" The children let out audible gasps of surprise. "Why do grasshoppers have ears in their bellies?" A little girl asks.

I start to explain why grasshoppers have ears in their bellies and why they don't have ears in their heads instead. "That's awesome!" They exclaimed in enthusiasm.

"Give us more fun facts!" They jumped around in excitement. I chuckled at their enthusiasm "Well, I'll give you guys a pretty interesting psychological fact." They nod their heads frantically.

"People look more attractive when they speak about the things they are really interested in." I paused for a moment. "So, it's really important to just be yourself." I gave them a warm smile.

They stayed silent for a moment, their mouths slightly agape. My watch instantly beeps, telling me that it's already the end of my shift. They instantly snapped out of it, running out of the classroom in excitement.

I heaved out a heavy sigh, sitting down on one of the desks beside me. "Uh, Lawrence?" A (H/L) (H/C) haired female enters the room.

I felt my shoulders relaxing once I heard (Y/N)'s voice. I got up from the desk I was sitting on, walking up to the female.

"Let's go?" She nods slowly, her small hands intertwining with mine. "How was your shift?" I glanced at her as we walked back to our shared room. "It was alright, how about you?" She looks up at me.

"It was fine as well." I gave her a small smile. We stood in front of our shared room. I instantly slide the door open "Ladies first." She giggles at me, shaking her head as she walks inside.

"I miss the old days." She plops down on the bed. I entered the room, closing the door behind me. "Yeah?" I lied down beside her.

"I'm glad that they have already found a cure. In a few days, we can finally return to our normal lives." She heaves out a long sigh, scooting closer to me. "Yeah.." I muttered out, snaking my arms around her waist as I pulled her in closer.

She gazes into my brown eyes, giving me a small kiss on the nose. "Good night, Lawrence." She snuggles into my chest, making herself comfortable.

I looked down at her sleeping form, my heart skipping a beat. I have finally gotten what I always have ever wanted. I let out a small yawn, closing my eyes.

~~~~~☆~~~~~

There are barely days that pass by quietly if there are more than three people in a group. Even in the moment of danger.

"Lawrence, let's be frank." A tall intimidating man walks up to me. "Did you steal the food?" Our leader asked in a menacing tone.

After the virus breakout, I had managed to escape to a nearby middle school. There were plenty of people here though, and this guy who was talking to me right now was one of the university students who decided to step up as the leader. I can't remember his name though.

"I simply saved some food, I didn't steal any," I said matter-of-factly. "Don't lie." He crosses his arms, furrowing his eyebrows at me in disappointment. "It's not a lie." "Why do you do such stuff, huh? Quit lying."

I glared at the male. "It's going to be troublesome if we didn't have any more food left in our food supply. So, I decided to save my food for later when needed. I assure you that I didn't take any." I said in a straightforward manner.

"Huh, it's impossible to leave out this much! Lawrence, you b*stard stop lying!" He yells at me, infuriated.

"Hey, what's your problem? Lawrence doesn't do that." Another leader walks up to us. The two leaders start to argue and quarrel with each other. In the end, the group divides into two parties.

"Don't worry Lawrence, I believe you. I know that the other guys have dominated the food storage. No worries though, we're planning to attack the place tonight." The other leader shrugs her shoulders.

I stayed silent, nodding slowly. There were zombies prowling outside, and everyone here simply keeps on starting political fights as if there were no virus, to begin with.

'Idiots.' I said to myself mentally, an exasperated sigh escaping my lips. They were too busy arguing with each other that the security here gradually loosens, and that day finally came.

I had expected this to happen. "What the h*ll?!" People were screaming in fear and in panic. Horrified screams could be heard all over the place.

"Ethan, do you trust me?" I glanced at the taller male. He simply nods at me in response.

----------------

(A/N): I hope that you enjoyed this chapter and please stay tuned for more!