CH. 2

Ethan was a quiet, strong but pretty submissive friend. He was perfect for a bodyguard. "Are you coming, Eugene?" I stared at the shorter male. "Yeah." He simply replies.

"Aren't you going to ask where we're going?" I looked him in the eyes. "Doesn't matter, nothing is going to change anyway." He shrugs his shoulders nonchalantly. "Dead or alive."

"Well, if you follow me then I'll make you live." Eugene nods at me slowly, following me. He always spaces out, but he's actually very obedient. Things go easier this way.

"Lawrence, where are you guys going?" A head of white hair stares at us in confusion. Harry, he's a nice guy with a kind personality. He doesn't want to talk bad about others and he always tries to remedy any altercations. I need him in my new party.

"Shh, be quiet and follow me along with your stuff." I placed a finger on my lips as he simply nods obediently. "I found an escape route."

"Escape route? Let's tell the others then!" I shake my head in disagreement. "There's no time, if we move as a group we'll be easily spotted," I said in a straightforward manner. "So, are you saying that we should simply just leave all these people to die?" He looks reluctant.

"Fine, get those who can actually live. You know that there are no other choices." I said coldly. "Okay." Harry immediately brings those who he hangs out with often.

'He brought four girls and two boys with him.' I mentally took note. Girls are a nuisance once it comes to confronting zombies, but it's good to have girls since they lighten up the atmosphere.

"Shoot! I forgot to bring food." Jay says in frustration. "There's no time for that, just forget about it." I simply reply. "D*mn.."

Jay complains about everything but he lacks the backbone to make a protest. He'll be easy to manipulate. "Yo, Harry where are we going?" Zion raises an eyebrow at the white-haired male. "Lawrence found an escape route," Harry responds to his inquiry.

"What? Alone?! What about the others?!" Zion furrows his eyebrows in confusion. I simply stared at them, staying silent.

I had always known that this day would finally come. I had been prepared the whole time, it's their fault for not preparing for this. As soon as we were divided, I hid some food in another room.

Before, I had only cared about my portion of food. This time, I didn't have to make a silly excuse for stealing them. The two leaders didn't care much about the food supply anyway. They had always neglected their duties as a leader because they were so focused on their petty and idiotic fights.

They are brainless, foolish and only cared about themselves. They certainly don't deserve to live. "I can't guarantee your safety, so you guys really don't have to follow me," I said nonchalantly.

"What, so you're risking your life for this? For what?!" Scarlett scoffs at me. I sighed in annoyance. Scarlett and Zion are pretty hard to deal with. What a pain in the *ss.

"We're not going to be safe here in anyway. So, let's just do the best we can." Harry stares at the blonde female. "What if there's more danger out there?! What if there's no food?!" She crosses her arms, a sour look had appeared on her face.

"Then why don't you stay?" Zion scoffs at the female. "What? No!" "Then keep quiet and just tag along." Zion heaves out a long sigh. "Fine.."

"Hailey, I'll carry your bag, hurry." Ethan grabs Hailey's bag "T-thanks, Ethan." Hailey fiddles with her fingers shyly. Ethan glances at the others, asking us if they want their bags to be carried. "I'll carry my things by myself," Sue responds to Ethan. "Alright."

"Oh no, I forgot to bring chocolate! Too bad.." Judy pouts. "I'll give you mine." Harry smiles at Judy kindly as he hands her a chocolate bar. "Oh wow, thanks, buddy!" She pats him on the shoulder as thanks.

I started counting each and every one of them. "Nine, the perfect number to keep under control," I muttered to myself quietly.

We moved towards the next building, following the path I had in mind. We barricaded the hallway with desks and chairs. From this day on, this highschool building became our new shelter.

No, to be exact. This is my shelter, the others are just dwellers living in my world. I saved them. If I hadn't, they should be all dead by now. So, from now on, I decide whether if I should kill them or not.

------------------

(A/N): I hope that you enjoyed this chapter!