Chapter 3: Who Cares if he Smells like Jesus?!

Start from the beginning

"Do you know how many calories are in that?" I ask Victoria, in a fake, judgmental, high pitched valley girl voice.

"No, but I think I'm going to get an Oreo McFlurry, too. oh! And ranch." While tapping her chin, she nods at the Cashier who I see is named Tim, according to his name tag. I quickly bump her out of the way with my hip and turn to Tim, ordering a plain burger and a small fountain drink. I reach into my wallet and pay for our food, giving a smile to Tim as he says it'll just be a minute for our food to be ready. As we turn and walk to our usual booth with our food, I turn to her and give her a quizzical look.

"What happened to being on a diet?"

"Well I already lost ten pounds, so I need to gain back some weight so I can lose some more!"

"Uhm, I don't think that's how it works, girl." I say with a snort.

"Sure it is! Trust me, I got this," she says with a wink, "but anyways, its your fault that I'm not on it right now because you brought me to McDonald's, therefore shame on you."

"You right. My bad. SO, hows Thomas? Did he finally ask you to be the big GF?" I say with fake enthusiasm and preppiness.

"Did you seriously just say 'big GF'? " she looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Indeed I did, my blonde companion. I'm a trendsetter and before you know it, people will be saying that world-wide. But, I did just open the door for you to talk about Thomas, so do it before it closes!" I say dramatically. Victoria takes her chance and jumps into conversation about him.

"So he said that we would go to the movies and that I could pick which one we saw, no matter what genre it is!" She sighs and lays her cheek against her her palm. "Isn't that so sweet? He just wants to be with me, he said." She takes up this dreamy-dazed look that makes me choke on my Dr. Pepper I had just filled up at the fountain drink area.

"All he wants is to get in your pants. You should go pick the most pathetic, sappy chick-flick that you can." I relish in the thought of Thomas stuck in a theater, surrounded by sobbing women as the main characters fall in love.

"Natalie!" All of a sudden Victoria exclaims, breaking me out of my day dream. I turn to look behind where Victoria is not so subtly pointing.

"Speak of the devil..." I groan. In walks Thomas, all 6'1 of him. His chocolate hair is jelled up in the front and his cerulean blue eyes find me and Victoria. I start to turn away in disgust just as a boy that puts even Channing Tatum to shame, walks in behind Thomas. Hes tall, looking about 6'5, and he's tan, darker than me. His hair is short, almost buzzed, on the sides and longer on top, styled similarly in front like Thomas'. Even though he is wearing long sleeves, his muscles are easily identifiable. He walks to the ordering spot and with Thomas, and they tell Tim what they want. Or I assume so. It takes all that I have in me to tear my eyes away from this boy.

"Oh my god, he's here! Ahhh!" Victoria squeals.

"Down girl! Heel, stay! Don't get your panties in a twist." I casually say, giving her a knowing look.

"Stop." She embarrassingly says, slapping my shoulder.

"Ouch!" I mock shout and pretend to be hurt, dramatically falling over on the booth, laying on the seat, facing the ceiling.

" Oh my gosh get up! He's coming over! Don't you dare say anything embarrassing or Ill slit your neck with a rusty spoon." I imagine the blush covering her face and the death threat in her eyes.

"Well someone is awfully violent today." I say and shamelessly remain lying on the booth.

"Hey, babe." I hear Thomas say and see him slide in next to Victoria from under the table.