0.9

22:37
friday

kokichi skilfully avoided all the security guards, sneaking past them and towards the masterpiece he was after; water lilies and japanese bridge by claude monet.

just as he tucked the painting underneath his frail arm, he heard a voice.

"phantom thief." shuichi breathed. kokichi turned around, a smug grin plastered on his face.

"detective saihara! what a surprise to see you here!~" the short boy took a few steps closer to the taller, place a hand on shuichi's jawline.

"it was so nice of you to stop by, but it looks like i was just about to leave. how unfortunate! what a shame!" shuichi furrowed his eyebrows at kokichi. what was his game? why was he doing this?

while shuichi was distracted, kokichi ran towards his exit. but this is where his plan had failed.

right as he stepped out into the one of the many long hallways in this museum, a security guard began their patrol through the same hallway.

"shit!" kokichi mumbled to himself. he had to improvise, and fast.

after checking his surroundings kokichi noticed that there was only one exit. the window. this wasn't his plan, he wanted to run down the hall and say goodbye to his detective. oh well, it was just one time.

hoping that the security guard hadn't seen him yet, he braced himself for impact. he threw himself through the window, shards of glass flying past him and into his skin.

grazed and dizzy, kokichi started running in a tainted line. which way was his van again?

while kokichi was distracted, shuichi noticed that this was his only opportunity to ask kokichi why he was stealing famous paintings.

"no, i'm sure it was this way..." kokichi pondered as he pointed to the east. as he was doing so, shuichi dragged himself through the glass that had survived the collision.

shuichi quickly threw himself through the window, holding back tears. how did his 'phantom thief' do this? by now kokichi spotted shuichi. he felt like he needed to help him, but this would only put him at risk of getting caught. kokichi crossed his fingers and hoped that shuichi would find help as soon.

"i-i need to get to kokichi's apartment..." wait, what? kokichi felt flustered that he was the first person shuichi would go to. realising that shuichi was going to his apartment, kokichi sprinted away from the scene.

23:09
friday

the detective found himself at kokichi a apartment, thankful it was so close by.

shuichi knocked on the door not knowing that kokichi had only just got in from his robbery. after a good moment for two, the shorter male opened the door.

"s-saihara! what happened to you?" kokichi asked. he find sort of bad for becoming friends with shuichi knowing that he would find out.

"i-i...phantom t-thief chase..." was all the detective could mumble before passing out from the blood loss.

authors note
this is the water lilies and japanese bridge painting, made by claude monet. it's an oil painting made in 1899.