Chapter 5: Little Miss Muffet

Start from the beginning

In the basement of the hospital, whispers crawled on its walls. Amidst the white fog of the freezer, a thing trembled. Akin to a cloud of flies in the mist. A shadow in a deep corner.

"T-tell me... tell me what to do," said a woman.

Something scratched in her lungs. It starved. It wanted her to starve too. The woman tried to hush it. She thought of her garden where she used to go with a boy. She begged him to say something. To guide her. But the thing did not leave. 

It urged her for flesh.

In the chief physician's office, David wrote in a book at a fast pace

"Mikie, honey, how was your morning?" said David, still writing.

"Oh, just the usual." Michael looked around the room as he walked toward David.

David turned up his face. "Are you sure? You seem worried."

"Well, things weren't really easy recently," Michael said as he sat on David's desk.

"I can help you with that," David said as he put his right hand on Michael's left thigh.

Michael laid on the desk with a grin. Soon followed by David, who climbed on the piece of furniture. His legs placed on each side of Michael's. David removed his blue jacket and bent his upper body on Michael. Then, he placed his hands on the wooden surface, his lover's head between his arms.

David touched Michael's lips with his. "I think that I love you more than I should," he said with a husky voice.

"Or perhaps not enough?" Michael said as he slid his hands on David's torso.

David smirked. Under his red shirt, his pectoral muscles felt smooth and solid like the hood of a car. His sapphire eyes sparkled akin to fireworks in the grey puddles that were Michael's. The hulking blond man coiled his arms around Michael as he pecked his soft neck. His lips were as warm as the sun. When their chests impacted, Michael felt ecstatic. David's heart pounded like the vibrations of an engine. Michael wanted to stay here forever, between the arms of a man that loved him. A part of him wanted to die here. Because he feared the moments where David would not be next to him.

"Promise me that you will never leave me," Michael asked.

"Till death do us part," David replied.