A WALK TO REMEMBER

EVANI'S POV

"What happened?" I heard a voice say. I looked up in those dazzling brown eyes but turned my gaze side wards and mentally cursed myself again. I am NOT a teenage naĩve girl anymore. I have to hold my emotions, words and tounge in check. I told myself.

"Umm.... nothing. Let's go" I said and smiled a bit which he did not return. That gave me enough conformation of the disaster I created. I sorely regretted it and wanted to go under my blanket and cry out loud. We began walking and went to the garden fields.

We went walking laps in the field side by side in a very uncomfortable silence which was killing me slowly and steadily. "Look... I'm really of what happened back at the rest-" I tried to say but he interrupted me saying "it's fine. Its ok. Its all good. Relax." "But you kno-" I started again but was interrupted..... Again! "Its ok Evani. It is fine. Don't worry about it. Chill." He said and that shut me up. If he doesn't care why should I!!!

We walked and suddenly our hands touched. Something resembling a spark or a bolt of energy is what I felt at that particular moment. I could not say anything. I decided to just enjoy the night and not think about anything. "So what time are we going to the mall tomorrow?" He asked. "You're coming???" I asked back shocked instead of answering his question. "Yes Dumboo. Obviously I'm coming. Now tell me what time and where do we have to meet you!?' He replied.

"The college gate at 10:00 AM." I said. We then walked to the ice cream parlour and ordered ice cream and took them. We started eating our frozen treats and walked side by side. Some other students were playing in the fields in group so we went to them and greeted them. And we then came to the football field. "Match?" I asked. "Really! Think about it. You'll lose and then don't be a sore loser!" I said smirking. OH MY GOD! Even his smirk is so cute and hot!

"Deal. But let's make a bet!" I said smirking back to which he only raised his eyebrows in question. "The loser grants the winner any 2 wish and the loser can't refuse later on! Deal?" I said and put my hand forward for a handshake. "Deal!" We both smirked at each other 😏😏 and asked the other students whose team they want to be. Once they chose the teams we started the match.

He was really good at the start but lets be honest I've not shown my skill yet. He scored a goal 10 mins into the game. Impressive. I smirked and gathered my team. "You guys block the other ones and i'll goal. Leave sir to me. I will esi sly tackle him and goal and you guys know the 35A technique?" I said. When all of them nodded with wide evil grins on their faces I smirked and said "lets do this team?" And my my hand forward for a team action. They all did that and we shouted VICTORY and raised our hands in the air.

Soon we were tied at 2-2 into the game and this was to be the last goal. I somehow tackled sir escaping his antiques while his ret of the team was blocked by my team. I finally sent the ball through the net before the goal keeper could understand my technique. I looked back and smirked at sir big time and said "NOW NOW, you don't be a SORE LOSER. SIR" 😏😏😂 I laughed and went for a group hug to my team. After playing sire dropped me back to my hostel and before he could leave i asked the most awaited question.

"Sir...." I stopped when he showed me that face and mouthed to me "AARUSH.."
I rolled my eyes and said "Aarush, you never told me. Was this a date or just a dinner?" I had gathered all the self- respect I was left with and all the courage I could gather aḍte the incident at the restraunt. He stayed silent for a while infuriating me even more. "Sayyyy......" I urged him.

Yet, he had the audacity to just smile at me and stare me intently. I gave him a bored face to which he laughed and came next to me and bent down a little. Even though I was more taller than an average Indian women, he still was taller than me. His face came right next to me and wisphered in my ear," do you wish it was?"

"That doesn't answer my question." I shot back. "Well my dear, it actually does..." he replied teasingly. "Yes or no Aarush. So simple. Yes or No!!" I said with a boring straight face. "Lets talk tomorrow Evani. You must be tired. Sleep tight. Sweet dreams. Good night." He replied and turned back and walked away without another glance. What an utter idiot. I fumed and stormed back into my room to see both my lovely supporting roommates sprawled on the bed with the laptop still playing the movie. I shut the laptop and arranged everything before changing and drifting into a very sound peaceful sleep.