Chapter 3 : Cruelty

~TW for bullying, slurs and suicidal thoughts~

Damian's pov

"Damian!" Kent shouted. I turned my head towards him. He ran up beside me with that same stupid, yet cute, smile plastered on his face.

"Morning Dami!" He said happily. How can he be so happy? Doesn't he see how shitty the world is? Maybe he does but he's optimistic and perfect. Unlike me. Why does he bother being around me? Let alone be my friend?

"Good morning Kent." I responded.

"How was your night?" He asked. I pursed my lips as we walked to our first classes. Mine being history and Jon's being math.

"It was fine. Uneventful." I lied. The cuts on my thighs felt like they were burning a hole through my pants. "And yours?"

"It was good! I got to watch a movie with my mom and we had popcorn! It was really fun! You should come over to my house and we can watch movies together all night!" Jon said happily.

"-TT- Staying up all night doing something unproductive is a foolish idea." I said crossing my arms. Jon's face fell. I immediately felt bad. Good job Wayne. You always have to kill the mood and make everyone around you depressed.

"Oh! Well, we could do some other stuff too, or not stay up all night! Would that be fun?" Jon suggested, looking at me eagerly.

"I-I suppose that might be enjoyable." I said with a blush. Jon clapped.

"Yay! Since tomorrow is Friday, would you want to come over then?" He asked. I bit my lip.

"That should work..."

"Yay!" Jon wrapped me in a hug right in the middle of the hall.

"Jonathan! Remove yourself before I do it for you!" I exclaimed, blushing. Jon chuckled.

"Oh okay!" He said, releasing me. I would never tell him but I love it when he hugs me. For a moment it feels like nothing can hurt me. Then when he lets go, it all comes rushing back.

The bell rang signaling we both had five minutes until the next class.

"Okay see you at lunch Dami!" Jon said with a smile before hurrying off.

I sighed softly and made my way to history.

~Time Skip~

"Bye Jon. I'll see you tomorrow." I said.

"Bye-bye Dami!" Jon said as he rushed to his car. I leaned against the school, waiting for Pennyworth to arrive.

"Hey guys Wayne's boyfriend is gone." Said someone. I clicked my tongue.

"Jonathan is not my boyfriend. Get over yourself Miles." I snapped at the brunette. He chuckled.

"Ooh full names~!" He teased.

"Wonder when they're used...?" Jake said. I felt my neck heat up and automatically, moments of when I'd seen Jon half-naked flashed through my mind.

"Shut your trap East." I responded. Jake grabbed me by my collar and slammed my back against the school wall.

"Hey!" I shouted, grabbed his wrists.

"The hell you think you are telling me what to do?" He spat. I glared at him.

"Release me!" I shouted.

"Shut up!" Jake snapped, slamming my head back against the wall causing me to feel dizzy. My vision went funny, some parts blurry.

"Bastard..." I mumbled. 

"You shut up faggot!" He hissed.

I blinked a few times.

"Huh?" I asked, my vision funny.

"You heard me faggot. You think you can hide it? Everyone knows! You and Kent are so obvious." The brunette smirked.

"Wh-what...?" My speech was going funny from my head being slammed.

"Wait you think he actually likes this guy?" Miles laughed.

"Why would he love him?" Peter Scott added.

"They're right, why would someone like Jon like someone like you?" Jake laughed.

"What do you want... him to like you?" I asked cheekily. This landed me a knee in the gut. I coughed.

"Shut up!"

"Whatever Wayne." Jake smirked and I glared. "Speaking of Wayne, do you really think you're his son?" Jake taunted. I furrowed my brow.

"I am his son. His only blood son." I responded. Miles snorted.

"Yeah right, other than the black hair, you two don't look alike at all!" He exclaimed.

"He's right, your eyes are green. His aren't. You're short and small, he isn't. And look at your skin," Jake hissed. Peter grabbed one of my wrists.

"Look how dark you are! There's no way you're his biological son!" Peter exclaimed. I felt a surge of hurt course through me. I know I'm different than my father. My brothers too for that matter but, I guess I never realized how physically different I am.

"That's not true! My mother-!"

"Oh shut up about your non-existent mom!" Miles said dismissively.

"Yeah, she's probably just a whore who never loved you. That's why she pawned you off you your 'dad'." Jake sneered. I felt both anger and hurt flood through me.

"Don't you dare speak of my mother that way!" I shouted. Jake punched me across the face, whipping my head to the side. That action messed with my vision more.

He dropped me to the ground.

"Whatever whore's-son." Jake chuckled. "Let's go men." The three boys walked off, leaving me sitting against the school wall, my vision going funny and my emotions going wild.

I groaned softly and rubbed my head. I checked my face to make sure I wasn't bleeding. Luckily I wasn't. I'd definitely have a bruise tomorrow though.

I sighed and gathered my stuff, wishing Pennyworth had shown up sooner.

Sooner to collect the unwanted whore's-son.