Chapter 1 : Missions and Mishaps

I know their ages aren't accurate, but this is a fanfic so I'm doing as I please.

~TW: Mentions of PTSD and self harm~

Damian's pov

Jon and I have been working together for awhile now as Superboy and Robin. We're both fourteen, almost fifteen and we started working together when we were both thirteen. Father took this into consideration.

He and Superman talked and decided they should let us work solo more often than we usually do on more intense missions. Jon and I already work by ourselves, but that's only for patrol. We've never been permitted to take on major missions by ourselves.

"This mission will prove that you both can a, work together," Batman said holding up one finger. "And b, that you will be responsible." He held up another finger before lowering them. Jon and I nodded.

"We don't have the exact mission yet and we will give you all the information when it comes up in a week or so." Superman said. Batman nodded in agreement.

"Until then, you are both expected to behave while on patrol and in your general lives. You can train as you please to prepare yourselves."

"That would be the smart thing to do." Superman added.

"Am I clear?" The dark knight asked. Jon and I nodded.

"We understand Batman." I said. Batman nodded.

"Good. Take this time to do what you please for now," He paused, glancing at me. "Within reason of course." I scoffed and crossed my arms. "Superman and I have a League meeting to attend." With that, Batman climbed into the Batmobile and drove out of the cave, Superman flying after him.

"This will be fun, don't you think Dami?" Jon asked as I removed my domino mask.

I scoffed. "This isn't supposed to be looked at as a 'fun' experience Kent." I walked over to the bench where my water bottle sat. "It's supposed to be looked at as serious and a chance to prove ourselves worthy." I removed my cape before picking up my water bottle.

"I think we're already 'worthy' Damian." Jon said, air quoting the word 'worthy'. I rotated my wrist, the water inside the bottle swirling around.

"Apparently not in their eyes, else we would've been out there already." I mumbled. Jon sighed.

"Well what should we do?" He asked, sitting on the bench in front of me.

"Certainly not lounge around. Get off your ass so we can train." I snapped. Jon stood up and hovered off the ground slightly.

"We've already done so much training Dami!" He whined. I rolled my eyes.

"There's always room for improvement. You never know when you could meet a foe who may have the upper hand. Especially in my case because I don't have powers." I said, tossing the water bottle at Jon. He caught it without blinking.

"But didn't you tell me you were like half demon or something?" Jon said.

"Not this again." I groaned, walking to the shelves where various training tolls were stored.