Prologue : Death

A lot of humans find parts of themselves to be unacceptable.

They find their own precious bodies, minds, souls, to be trash.

Of course, that's not true.

I do not despise myself. Nor do I despise any human.

Well, except maybe a fellow like the Joker.

That's besides the point.

We're getting off topic.

Now where was I?

Ah yes.

All humans find something in themselves they don't appreciate.

Yes even those with a massive ego.

Surprising?

Not really.

Almost everyone nowadays is expected to "want to die" or "hate themselves" to the point of which those who are serious about it, take their lives from themselves and give them to me.

'Who might I be?' you maybe wondering.

Or maybe you're smart and you know exactly who I am.

Maybe you've had an encounter with me before.

Yes I recognise some of you.

I hope you are in good health.

It'd be a shame if you weren't.

Anyway,

Maybe you've faced me before.

You've watched me take a loved one into my arms.

Perhaps you've imaged me myself taking you into my arms.

I should hope that I should not see you until your time rightfully comes.

If you haven't guess already,

I'm Death.

I do not give, I merely take.

I don't do it to be mean.

No of course not.

I do it because of fate.

Everyone has a fate.

And you're about to read a story of a boy who has jumped out and into my arms multiple times.

His name?

Well I sure hope you know his name.

Why would you be reading this if you don't?

You really want to know his name?

Alright, alright.

You should know this by now.

His name is Damian.

Damian al Gul Wayne.

And there's a lot more to him than meets the eye.

~~~

Now Damian as you know didn't have the greatest upbringing.

Naturally you'd think this. For it's not natural for a small child to be placed under such pressure and stress at such a young age. My, my, the boy has had more encounters with me by the time he was seven than this author with their fanfictions.

We're getting off topic again. Let's continue.

Damian's mother; Talia al Gul did not mean to raise her son in such a manor. For it was the way she was raised. That's the way her mother was raised. And her father. And their parents and so on.

It was just a way of life for the al Guls.

They are a family of assassins after all.

The way he was raised wasn't in a sense the right way. It was in Talia's eyes though. She isn't a bad mother. She does love Damian. She just has odd ways of showing it.

And poor Bruce and his other adoptive sons. They'll find the truth eventually. They all maybe detectives, but Damian is a terribly good actor.

Damian.

Oh the poor boy. The fates just love to toy with him. It's like he's made up of what they throw into a large black pot.

Add a cup of bullying.

Add a cup of PTSD.

Add a cup of depression.

Add a cup of lies.

Add a cup of suicidal thoughts.

Add a cup of stress.

Add a cup of self hatred.

Add a pinch of demon and your all set.

And oh lordy add a cup of gay.

It makes me chuckle a little. Damian Wayne son of the famous billionaire playboy being gay?

Let's be honest.

It was bound to happen.

Sadly, most of the world can't except those that fall under that category or those that fall under similar ones.

Children truly are the meanest people I know in society.

And Damian who was raised without other children around him was about to find out how incredibly cruel they could be.

~~~

Think of the young Wayne like this.

He's a robin who desperately tries to fly with self broken wings so that he may fall and die.

But no matter how hard he tries, the always end up healing and he's saved once again.

One day he really finally has had enough. He breaks his wings to what looks to be beyond repair.

I know what will happen to him.

And you don't.

Do you think another bird will come along to heal his wings before he attempts flight? Or will the other bird be too late?

~~~