Chapter 9: Her Tears

Start from the beginning

"You should've told me from the very beginning! If you did then I could've handled it back then! What do expect me to feel after knowing that my friend was the one that hurt my sister?! Huh?!" He continued to shout as he was really angry over the fact that his sister kept a grave secret from him.

He remembered those times when he would come home from school, only to find his sister locked in her room. When he had opened her door, he found her curled up on her bed, most of the time, crying, as if traumatized.

Annie slowly looked up at his brother's face and sobbed, finally letting her tears out, "You don't understand. I didn't want this to happen either," she tried reasoning out.

Mike immediately softened after seeing her cry and pulled her sister in a tight embrace. He was still angry at her, but he still tried to calm himself as he rememberd the countless times he saw her sister depressed because of her past.

He soothed her and when she finally calmed down, he said, "Stop crying, okay? What will the boys at school say when they see you like this? You'll definitely lose your admirers." He tried to joke out, which seemed to work as Annie cracked a small smile at his seemingly failed attempt.

"Go to you room and rest. Tell me what really happened when you're ready okay? Promise me you will," he told her and took out his pinky finger.

Annie smiled and pinky promised with her brother. She was about to head to her room like her brother suggested when she recalled what Ashton and Calum told her this morning at her English class.

* * *

Flashback:

Their professor decided to dismiss class fifteen minutes early since the topic was finished earlier, and just decided to give them their free time.

On the other hand, Ashton and Calun were both busy packing their bags when Annie confronted them.

"You know you guys, if you're planning to sigh allthoughout the class, you should plan to move your seats. Stop trying to burden other people who were clearly trying to concentrate to class." She hissed, her eyes burning holes on their heads at her intense glare. She watched as Ashton and Calum flinched at the harshness of her voice, and sighed. She was actually trying to say it in a normal way, but it came out showhow harsh.

Ashton sighed again for the umpteenth time, "We're sorry, Annie. It's just that we were having a very bad morning."

"Yeah," Calum added, "Two of our friends fought with each other this morning. We didn't mean to be all gloomy today, but we really care for our friends. Yeah, we had arguments before, but today was difference. Everything was just... intense," Calum explained, his eyes hazing for a bit indicating that he was replaying those events in his mind. He continued, "It's just that... Let's just forget about it. You wouldn't understand anyway. We're clearly burdening you so we'll exchange seats first thing in class tomorrow, if that's fine with you Ashton as well?" Calum looked at Ashton, who nodded, understanding.

End of Flashback

* * *

"Mikey, do you happen to know any Ashton and Calum, by any chance," she asked, a slight heavy feeling starting to build up on her chest.

"It's been a long time since you called me Mikey," he said and playfully rolled her eyes, remembering the old times when he and Annie would hang out like the brother and sister that they are, whilst they had massive fun. Annie, on the other hand, grew flustered, as she remembered that it had been a while since she last called her brother by her very own nickname.

"Just answer my question," she slightly demanded, still flustered.

"Why do I have such a fiesty sister? Tsk. Yes, I know them. They're two of my best friends. Why do you ask? Do you like one of them?" He asked her, though his last question seemed to be the most important to him.

Her assumptions were proven correct as his brother confirmed it. Now, she knew that her new friends were a part of the 5SOS group that her brother had begged her to meet the other day, and that Mike was one of their friends who fought with 'Kaiden.' Now, she was wondering that maybe 5SOS wasn't so bad after all, especially now that she new Ashton and Calum.

'Except Kaiden,' she thought.

"In that 5SOS group? Why do you even named your group like that. It sounds really weird. It's not even like you guys are in a band or something," she further asked and inquired, slightly curious.

"Yup, they are, and why do you care? It's a cool name, and it stands for 'Five Seconds of Summer.' " Mike crossed his arms, challenging his sister, "Wait, do you know them? Is that why you're asking?"

Annie smiled sheepishly, "Well, they're in my English class, and they're actually my new friends," she told him the last part unaudibly, but Mike was still able to hear it thanks to his big ears.

"Really?! Oh my god! I'm so proud of you! After 746528197 years, you've finally found friends!" He pulled her for another hug and did a slightly weird celebratory dance, which mostly consisted of butt wiggles. He fist-pumped, "Wiiie! This calls for a celebration. Come on, let's go out tonight. It's been a long time since we last went out."

Annie simply rolled her eyes at her brother's over reaction, but complied as she headed to her room to get ready.

'It's been a long time since I saw her smile genuinely. I promise I'll protect you Annie, I won't let anyone hurt you again.' he told himself, and stood up, heading to his room excited for his bonding time with his sister, wanting to get ready as well as he saw his sister disappear to her room.

* * * * *

Author's Note:

Wouldn't you want Mike sa your brother?? <3 Another update here! What you do think of the story so far? Anyway, her past will be revealed in maybe the next two to three chapters. Please do comment, vote and fan! I really appreciate it!