12

I just arrived at Mrs. Hamana's newly opened building that I designed myself. Maddie's hand is intertwined with mine as a huge smile made its way to her lips.

Damn. She looks so beautiful.

"Stop staring at me weirdo." She rolled her eyes at me and even left me and went to talk to other people.

I just shook my head and went to look for Mrs. Hamana.

She was talking to two women but immediately excused herself when she saw me.

Mrs. Sarah Hamana still looks radiant in her age. She gave me a hug and complimented my appearance. I returned the favor before asking if something is wrong with the building.

She shook her head with a charming smile. For an old lady, she still looks radiant.

"No. It's perfect, sweetie. Where's the bride to be?" She asked pertaining to Maddie. I smiled and realized that soon enough I'll be able to call that woman my wife.

"She's talking to some colleagues. I'll tell her to approach you later." I bid farewell before roaming eyes around to look for my stunning yet grumpy fiancé.

My eyes caught her near the bar, talking to a woman in a black gown. Why does that woman look familiar?

I shrugged it off before going around the bar to surprise her.

I wrapped my arms around her. "Hey fiancé." I whispered in her ears. I chuckled when she was surprised.

Maddie turned around to face me and kissed my cheek. My heart skipped a beat. I'm the one that was suppose to surprise her but I'm the frozen one.

I will never get use to how sweet and lovely Maddie is towards me. I just love her so much.

She rarely gets sweet and clingy but when she does, it would make the worst day the best one.

"Hey. Umm, hon remember your friend Elaina Summers." I looked up and saw her.

Of course I was surprised. It has been 3 years since I last saw Elaina Summers. She looked more mature but still beautiful.

What strange is, I didn't feel the same way that I did everytime I used to see her.

There's no excitement. There's no spark. There's no joy.

I took a glance at Maddie. She's just getting a drink from the bartender and yet my heart started beating fast.

I offered her a handshake without taking my other hand from Maddie's waist.

"Elaina Summers. How have you been?" I asked casually.

It's odd to see her after all these years. I mean the last time we talked was 3 years ago. When I confessed and she rejected me.

"Hey. I'm doing good. So, you're getting married." Elaina smiled at us but I know I'm not the only one who noticed the real emotion behind the smile. 

She's sad.

That look used to drive me crazy as hell. I loved her so much. But now, the only woman in my heart is Maddie.

"Ah yeah. In 2 months, actually." Maddie answered. She cleared her throat. "Congratulations. I'm happy for you."

She said that but she doesn't seem like it. "Thanks. How about you? Any husband?" I teased.

Trying to lighten the mood. I can sense Maddie's uneasiness. I don't want her feeling uncomfortable just because of a stupid thing I did in the past.

Elaina shook her head. "Nope. I'm just focusing on my career right now." She seems to be looking for someone.

"I'm really happy you found each other. I remember the last time you ate in the café where I used to work at. You two were disgusted as hell when I thought you were a couple."

Maddie and I couldn't help but laugh at the memory. She rolled her eyes and elbowed me a little.

"I am still disgusted. Look at his stupid face." Maddie poked my cheek and after every mean thing that came out off of her mouth, I still chuckled.

Her witty yet mean remarks never failed to amuse me. That's Madeline James.

I kissed the side of her head with a big grin. "I love you too, hon." I chuckled.

I glanced at Elaina Summers and there's this weird look on her face. She looks sad, yet happy at the same time.

"Is there something wrong?" Maddie asked to which Elaina just shook her head. "Can I have a favor?"

Maddie glanced at me and I instantly felt my heart skip a beat. She smiled at me like she's telling me it's okay. I love her so much.

"Sure. What is it?"
"Can I hug your fiancé?" Elaina sniffed.

Madeline squeezed my hand before she nodded and before I knew it, Elaina Summers is already hugging me.

"I'm really really happy for you, Tony." She whispered.