3

The next morning I woke up early. I guess I'm just that excited to see her.

I looked for the finest of all my clothes. I ended up with a denim jeans, white rubber shoes, and white polo with holded sleeves.

I brushed my hair and cleaned my glasses. I looked at the mirror.

I don't look bad. I guess. I took my laptop and my sketches for work and went on my way.

Good thing that coffee shop is just 3 blocks away from my apartment.

When I arrived I immediately went to the side ofof the counter. Instead of her I saw a guy.

"Umm..excuse me. Is Elaina Summers here?" I asked. He shook his head. "Elaina has night shifts. But she told me she'll come this morning. Why are you looking for her?" He asked.

For a guy, he doesn't look bad. For a confident guy like me, he is pretty intimidating with those muscles.

I was about to speak when I heard her voice. "Hey darlin' here's your wallet and phone." I turned around and saw her. It felt like the world stop. And it was just me and her.

She looks absolutely stunning in her jeans, black blouse and boots. I took my phone and wallet from her hands and smiled at her.

"Thank you, Ms. Summers." She laughed. "Just Elaina will be fine, darlin'."

"Okay. Elaina can I buy you some coffee? Sort of a thank you for giving my wallet and phone back" She shrugged. "Why not?"

She told me she'll look for chairs and I'm gonna decide what she drinks.

She's spontaneous I guess. She looks like it. She's also kind and has a good heart. Talking to her for just 10 seconds makes me fall for her even harder.

Argg!

When I reached the counter I ordered my usual venti americano, a blueberry croissant, and a caramel macchiato.

I looked for her and saw her at the corner of the whole cafe. She's on her phone. Probably her husband..

"Thanks, hon. See you later at your wedding then. Bye." At your wedding? So she's not talking to her husband?

"Caramel macchiato is what I ordered for you. I hope that's okay." I said nervously. But that nervous went away when I saw the glint in her eyes.

"It's perfect, darlin'. Thank you" We sat there quietly. With nothing to say.

We only have 2 options. To try and start a conversation or one of us leaves and make excuses. I'll let her decide.

We all know that all I want is for her to be happy. If leaving will make her happy, so be it.

"Umm, darlin' I hope you don't mind. May I ask you a question?" Her accent is so cute.

I smiled and nodded. "I thought you're mute. What happend?" Out of shock I didn't move.

I forgot that I told her I can't speak. "Uhh.. You see umm.. I was and umm." What the hell is happening to me?

I'm a smart guy. What am I doing stuttering? In front of her of all people!!

She laughed. "You're cute. It's okay, darlin'. People lie. It's fine. What are you doing in New York by the way?"

She asked again. I smiled. She really is the one. I can't find anyone like her. She's just perfect in my eyes.

"I had to leave California. I met someone 5 years ago that made me crazy. So 4 years ago I decided to move here. You? Why did you and your husband move?"

When I said that last sentence I regretted it immediately. That marvelous smile and the glint of joy in her eyes are gone.

"You remember that huh.. I moved here 2 years ago. To move on. To get away from my husband... Ex-husband. He was my best friend. And I was head over hills in love with him. But his not. His in love with another girl. They're gonna get married later. I'm one of the bridesmaid. Isn't exciting?"

She looked down. I wished I never asked about her husband. How can she hurt someone like her? She's perfect.

"Hey, don't be upset. It's his lost. You're amazing. Tell him for me that he is so dumb to let Elaina Summers go"

She laughed. There it is again. The glint of joy in her eyes and her gorgeous smile.

I did that. "Thanks darlin'. Hey you want to tell him yourself. I have a plus one and I could really use a friend"

I nodded instantly with a huge smile. "Definitely. Meet you here?" I asked. She nodded and squeezed my cheek.

"Yep. 4 pm sharp. I'll see you then, darlin'."