7

I took a deep breath, tapped my chest for assurance, pushed open the door and went in.

I looked around the café and I'm instantly welcomed by that beautiful face of Elaina Summers. She's serving the order of the costumer in a table by the window.

She has this big bright smile it'll make you want to smile too.

"Stop staring, loser." I looked at Maddie who is just standing right behind me.

2 weeks passed since we last talked. Of course it pained me, but Maddie was there.

She didn't comfort me and tell me that I'll find someone that will love me too. She slapped my face to reality and told me to suck it up.

And she's right. She's mean but she do things to help.

"Darlin, long time no see." There. I felt it. That familiar beat in my heart. Only she can do that.

"Hey, Elaina. How are you?" I asked with a smile reassuring her that what happened the last time we saw each other is alright.

I can sense that she feels awkward around me.

When she smiled, I realized I'm not over her. I guess I will never be over her.

I didn't saw her for 5 years and when I saw her again my heart just started beating for her.

What can 2 weeks do now? Nothing. I just need to accept the fact that I will always love you, Elaina Summers.

"I'm feeling better than when you last saw me. Thank you again for that night." I waved my hand.

"It's nothing."

She bid goodbye and told me that she has to continue working. She said she'll see me around. And I just hope I'll do.

"Bastard come here and tell me your order or I'll order you the most disgusting thing on the menu." A classic Maddie thing to do.

"Venti americano, their pesto and any cookie." I told her and gave her money for my order before looking for seats.

After a few minutes Maddie is finally done ordering. We just got off work and decided to have dinner here while talking about our upcoming project that is huge for both our careers.

"What did Mrs. Hamana told you when you had a meeting with her?" She asked.

Maddie and I are best friends but she is also my boss. And we agreed to separate our friendship from work.

She is the best boss I ever had and I really hope I don't screw up the project that can make me get fired.

I'm smart. I can do this.

I'm in the middle of telling her about my meeting with our client when Elaina served our food.

"Here's your order,darlin. Two venti americano, one chocolate cake, one macaroni in cheese and one chocolate macadamia cookie."

"Nice you ordered my favorite cookie." I commended Maddie and even offered a high five which she took with an eye roll and a smile.

She looked at Elaina Summers from head to toe as if she's judging her.

Madeline James is the kind of woman that can pass as the Miss Independent. She is blunt and strong willed. She doesn't let anybody walk over her, one of the reasons she's mean.

Those characteristics are the traits I admire about Maddie. But sometimes it is also the things that I don't like.

Case in point, I am so sure that she is judging Elaina now and is about to insult her to the ground.

"You must be Elaina Summers." She simply said making me look at her in disbelief.

Is that really Maddie? She didn't insult Elaina. That's new.

"Yep. I will guess that you are his special friend?" Elaina said teasingly. She thinks Maddie and I are a couple?

"No!" I almost shouted. I got too defensive. Shit!

I managed to breath when Maddie laughed at my sudden out burst. I am so glad she's here to save me from embarrassment.

"Asshole I don't want to be yours too. Do. Not. Worry." She looked at Elaina again. "We're best friends and I'm his boss. I'm Madeline James." She explained and started digging in her mac and cheese.

I smiled at Elaina Summers who is now just looking blankly at Maddie. I wonder what she is thinking.

Does she really think that I'm together with Maddie?

How come I have mixed feelings about that? Somehow, I want her to think that I am in a relationship.

Maybe to make her jealous? Could be.

However, I also don't want her to think that I am in a relationship. Because I fear that if she thinks that I am, I'll lose her forever.

I don't want to lose her. I love her.

I got back to reality when someone suddenly flicked my forehead.

"Weirdo, stop daydreaming and eat."

I just realized that Elaina is now back to serving other costumers.

My heart skipped a beat.

She still looks beautiful in my eyes even though her hair is a little messy, her clothes have quiet some stains and she looks tired.

It just makes me want to take care of her and hug her to tell her to rest.

"You are really in love with Elaina Summers." Maddie pointed out to which I nodded.

"Yes. Yes I am."