3. SLYTHERIN PRINCESS

| CHAPTER THREE |

SLYTHERIN PRINCESS.

NOBODY SAT NEAR CASSIOPEIA IN the Great Hall. Well, actually, no one apart from Regulus sat in the near vicinity of her, but the black haired girl was used to it. Her cold stare sent everyone away from her, not to mention the fact that she was a Black; which meant she was practically the Slytherin Princess. 

Her piercingly blue eyes were practically superglued to the empty gold plate in front of her. Her ears blocking out Dumbledore's usual 'welcome back' speech. She couldn't shake the feeling of someone's eyes on her. Finally glancing up, her eyes scanned the Slytherin table; everyone avoided eye contact with the girl as if she was Medusa and would turn them to stone. The new first years seemed strangely fascinated by the fifth year Slytherin, however, even they looked away when they caught sight of her icy blue eyes and emotionless face.

The feeling still didn't disappear, so Cass let her eyes travel around the rest of the Great Hall where she finally spotted the culprit. Someone that didn't look away no matter now emotionless she looked. 

A strange feeling settled in her stomach as her eyes stayed locked on Remus. The Gryffindor boy sent her a small, friendly smile, one that somehow made her own lips twitch; he always had the most contagious smile in her opinion. The action was extremely small, but Remus instantly noticed and a bubbly feeling emerged in his chest. He missed the Slytherin girl, a lot. She used to hang out with the Marauders, practically being an unofficial fifth Marauder herself. However, something seemed to change halfway through last year, just after Sirius finally left home and moved to James'. 

The black haired boy spoke about running away multiple times, but Cassiopeia certainly wasn't expecting him to do that the moment he turned fifteen. No one was expecting him to do it when he did, but Sirius seemed to love to surprise people. 

Even though Cassiopeia would never admit it to anyone, she fucking missed the Marauders. She missed hanging out with them, pranking Severus Snape; who always loved to make her life hard, she missed sneaking into the Gryffindor common room with them. She missed everything about them, but ever since Sirius left home, he had changed. 

He was now cold as stone to his other siblings. Ignoring them whenever they tried talking to him. Sure, she understood why he ignored Regulus (the two brothers never had a great relationship to begin with) but she couldn't figure out why he became so cold towards her. 

A sudden wave of sadness hit Cass, causing her to quickly look away from Remus' gaze, her piercing blue eyes going back to looking at the golden plate, just waiting for the food to appear on it.

Remus frowned as he watched the black haired girl looking away. He saw the sadness that flashed through her eyes just before she turned away. He could practically feel the sadness radiation all the way from the Slytherin table.

"What you looking at so intently, Moony?" Sirius suddenly asked, snickering at the dazed look on his best friend's face.

Remus didn't want to look away from her, but he knew that he had to. So, clearing his throat, the scarred faced boy finally took his eyes off Cassiopeia, noticing the food that had magically appeared all around them. He realised he never answered Sirius' question when all three of his best friends watched him with puzzled expression, "Nothing," He finally muttered. However, he let his eyes fall upon the black haired girl for the last time.