1. REGRET

| CHAPTER ONE |

REGRET.

CASSIOPEIA BLACK REGRETTED A LOT of things in her life. She regretted cutting off her bangs in her second year of Hogwarts. She regretted drinking every morning. Yet, one thing she didn't regret was not leaving the Black household with Sirius, well, that's what she told herself to get by. It was easier to be in denial than regret things, plus having Regulus by her side made things that little bit easier.

Her icy blue eyes watched her older brother as he laughed hysterically, standing in the middle of his best friend group, no worry present in his life. Her attention fell from the black haired boy when her mother snapped at her, her face contorted with rage.

"What are you two still doing here?" Walburga Black snapped, looking between Cass and Regulus as they stood besides their suitcases, their eyes lost in the crowds of students and their parents as they said their goodbyes. 

Cassiopeia didn't like to be the jealous type, but she couldn't deny that she was extremely envious of her students relationships with their families. It always seemed happy, parents kissing their children's foreheads, hugging them so tight they almost suffocated. It was something the Black children never experienced from their own parents; no wonder Sirius went looking for that with Mr. and Mrs. Potter. 

Walburga and Orion Black were the world's worst parents. They seemed more worried about their blood status than their children emotions. Cass was the middle child, nine months younger than Sirius, eleven months older than Regulus. It was clear that their parents went overboard with popping out children like bunnies, before finally realising their mistake and finally stopping, vowing to never have anymore 'ungrateful brats' (in Walburga's words).

Not daring to look at the woman - who had the meanest and most disgusting looking face that Cass' eyes ever fell upon - the black haired girl grabbed her suitcases and her cat's - Buddy - travel bag. Not bothering to say anything to her mother, Cass sent Regulus a pointed look at the brother and sister finally stormed off, the sea of Hogwarts students parted right before them, watching with wide eyes as the two black haired children emotionlessly entered the scarlet train.

It seemed like the entire station quietened down when Cassiopeia and Regulus walked through, people began to whisper and stare, only looking away when the girl glared at them. Even Sirius and his posse - The Marauders, as they liked to call themselves - were looking in the Slytherin's direction.

Remus Lupin let his dark eyes follow the black haired beauty. A frown rested on his lips as he watched her emotionless eyes looking down at her shoes before she finally disappeared from sight. 

Sirius huffed, "I can't believe she still lives there," He commented as the Marauders finally began making their way towards the train.

"She's there for Regulus," Remus said in a small voice, he remembered the look on Cass' face when she denied the offer to leave the Black household. He remembered the inner battle she had with herself. He remembered how her eyes fell upon Regulus Black just before she shook her head, muttering the quietest 'no' and walking off, not daring to look back at the group of Gryffindors. His heart felt for the girl in that moment, he knew how hard her life was, but he also knew how much she cared for her younger brother and how she would do anything to keep him safe. It was her most honourable trait.

Sirius rolled his eyes, "Yeah, well she'll die because of him."

AN- So, that's the first chapter, let me know what you guys think so far. Thank you all for reading!💚