•⊱•••• 55 ••••⊰•

Start from the beginning

"All I ever wanted was for Yunho to be safe and happy and I liked to believe that he was, that maybe he'd forget about me and move on. A part of me hoped that Yunho did still care about me though because my feelings for Yunho never left my heart even when I tried to move on. It's why I decided that as soon as it was safe and actually possible to do so that I'd come back and find Yunho to get closure. If Yunho had found someone else that made him happy I probably would have only stayed here for the year and then returned to Korea, but because I know he loves me I'm never leaving ever again"

Yunho stared at San, his heart tightening at San's words "I could have lost you again?" Yunho said, his voice soft and laced with sadness.

San had thought Dahyun of all people was his wife; what if San had never set that valentines project, what if Jongho had never chosen their love as his topic for his project, San may have never had found out that Yunho was still in love and waiting and San may have left and be gone forever.

San held his hand out over the table and Yunho quickly grabbed it.

San rubbed the back of Yunho's hand with his thumb, "You didn't lose me though. We found our way back to each other, everything worked out".

"What if it hadn't though? What if you kept believing all those silly things you thought were true? What if you never even tried to talk with me? I know you wanted nothing to do with me for most of last week, but did you ever think to actually come see me and at least tell me how crap of a life I was living?"

"It hurt too much to do that Yun, I think I was quite content to leave you as you were, maybe I would have contacted you over time, I don't know. But know that from here on out if I ever get the wrong idea about something I'll ask you first, because making my own judgements hurts to much"

"Can I jump in for a second!" Dahyun said waving her hand in between the boys.

San and Yunho looked at Dahyun.

"What exactly happened last week? If you love him San how is it possible for you to hate him? Why were you prepared to leave again? I'm confused"

Yunho and San looked at each other, communicating with their eyes just how much they were prepared to tell Dahyun.

San squeezed at Yunho's hand and looked at Dahyun, "Yunho told you we saw each other for the first time in the school parking lot right?"

"Yes" Dahyun said with caution.

"Well that was the first time Yunho saw me, but it wasn't the first time I saw Yunho"

San paused and Dahyun gestured for him to continue.

"The first time I saw Yunho was actually when he was with you and your daughter in the park on Sunday, and I thought you were his . .wife"

"His wife?!"

San nodded "I also saw him again on Wednesday when he was drunk out of his mind. I found Yun's address in his wallet, and I was going to drive him back to the place I thought he lived with you but then he puked on himself and I didn't think you deserved to see and deal him like that, I didn't want this tiny human" San pointed at Nari "To see her father like that, so I brought him home with me instead, but I left him in my house Thursday morning before he could see me"

Yunho didn't bother to cut in and mention about Jongho, they'd both decided to leave that section out about if they were to ever talk about what happened the week leading up to valentines.

"Wow San you really screwed that up. . .actually now I think about it, I think I saw you on Sunday . .you were the boy with the dog and the nice butt"

San adverted his gaze and scratched his neck shyly "Yeah that was me"

"You should have just stayed where you were! I was sending Yunho over to you!"

"Well I know that now! I would have saved myself a lot of grief if I had just stood still, but I was upset and although deep down a part of me was happy because I thought Yunho had moved on, the rest of me was broken, I couldn't watch and be around you three all the while knowing that where you were was exactly where I wanted to be" San said with a long sigh.

"By the sounds of it, you certainly would have saved yourself a lot of pain" Dahyun trailed her eyes to Yunho and then back to San "You really do love him?"

"With all my heart" San answered without any hesitation.

"And you love him?" Dahyun asked Yunho.

"I do" Yunho smiled.

"You know San, you can probably understand that I haven't always thought kindly of you because you hurt Yunho and I was the one that had to help him recover. But I can see how much you two care for each other now and I've got a little bit of clarity on why Yunho had always cherished you. I guess what I'm trying to say is sorry for doubting your connection, just know that if you ever hurt him again I will not let you off the hook so easily again".

"If I ever break his heart, not that that will ever happen, I'll let you personally ship me back to Korea"

"Deal!"

Dahyun and San shook hands over the table and Yunho cooed that his two best friends appeared to be getting along now.

Dahyun suddenly looked at Yunho, her eyes narrowing, "You breaking San's heart last week is kind of your fault, you realise that don't you?"

Yunho shrunk in his chair, holding Nari close for defence.

Dahyun had her mum face on "I'm a good judge of character, I picked San for you first, if you had of ran after him instead of being lazy then you would have saved yourself and San a lot of grief! You could have been" Dahyun reached over and covered Nari's ears "Having sex a lot sooner!"

Yunho and San both blushed, their hands flying to their necks to hide the evidence. Yunho hadn't even thought to wear particular clothes or put on some form of concealer to hide all his hickeys since he had been at home all day, at least San had a skivvy on, he could maintain his pride.

"Don't try to hide it! Even if I couldn't see all those little love bites, the two of your are glowing, I'm not dumb, I can put two and two together! So! Who's the churro and who's the doughnut in this relationship?"

Yunho face palmed and San slunk down in his chair.

"Why does everyone want to know that?!" Yunho groaned.

Dahyun shrugged "Your big, but he's older so . ." she trailed off.

"Mummy I want churros" Nari said in her cute little innocent voice.

Dahyun pinched Nari's cheek "Sweetie you can have all the churros you want when your older"

Yunho stood up, wanting to save his god daughter from this suddenly very strange conversation, even if they weren't talking about it directly just the thought of Nari possibly talking about churros and doughnut's later and knowing the other meaning behind the words made his head spin.

"Riri let's see what we have in the fridge, perhaps a nice apple".