Chapter 18

"We found a printer to make our posters," Katara said, holding up a piece of paper with a picture of Appa. The text below said something 'lost bison', I think.

"Hey, I thought designing 'the lost Appa poster' was my job. I've been working all day on my Appa." He held up a picture of his drawing, a crude childlike version.

"I'm just glad I don't have to pretend I can draw anymore." I held up one of my drawings, which was a stickfigure version of him. Underneath it was a crudely written 'gone buffalo'.

"But Y/n he's a bison?" Aang tilted his head, confused.

"Yea I'm also tired of trying to write, it's exhausting." I crumpled up the paper and tossed it aside.

"Both of yours look just like him," Toph said.

"Thank you, I worked really... why did you feel the need to do that?" Sokka stared at her. I laughed.

"Anyway, come on, let's go put these up." Aang said, running out of the house.

He went up over the city and dropped them down, spreading them everywhere. While we stayed behind, waiting. Katara and Sokka passed the time playing cards. While Toph and I bounced a ball back and forth.

"I just finished dropping all the leaflets. Has anyone come in with news about Appa?" Aang asked as he walked back in. Momo followed in behind him.

"It's only been a day, just be patient," Katara said. Aang sighed and rested his chin on the table, watching them play cards.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door, making us all pause.

"Wow, you're right! Patience really pays off." Aang got up and ran over to the door, only to see Joo Dee standing there, the original one. She had the same eerie smile plastered on her face.

"Hello, Aang and Katara and Sokka and Toph and Y/n." We all walked over to the door.

"What happened to you? Did the Dai Li throw you in jail?"

She dismissed Sokka's question. "What, jail? Of course not. The Dai Li are the protectors of our cultural heritage."

"But you disappeared at the Earth King's party," Toph said.

"Yea and your replacement was just as creepy as you," I said.

"Oh, I simply took a short vacation to Lake Laogai, out in the country. It was quite relaxing." She smiled even wider.

"Why are you here?" Aang asked.

She pulled out one of the leaflets Aang had dropped over the city. "Dropping flyers and putting up posters isn't permitted within the city. Not without proper clearance."

"We can't wait around to get permission for everything."

She grinned wider, making me shudder. "You are absolutely forbidden by the rules of the city to continue putting up posters."

"WE DON'T CARE ABOUT THE RULES, AND WE'RE NOT ASKING PERMISSION!!" He pushed Joo Dee out through the door, surprising her. "We're finding Appa on our own and you should just stay out of our way!" Aang slammed the door shut.

"Well, that's certainly a way to get rid of her."

"That might come back to bite us in the blubber," Sokka said.

"I don't care. From now on we do whatever it takes to find Appa." Aang glared at the door.

"YEAH! Let's break some rules!" Toph yelled, blasting a wall with her earthbending.