la luna // will x stephen

a knock at the door roused stephen from his trance of the subcount on his laptop. he'd just passed a million subscribers, and his phone had been blowing up with congratulating messages from friends and people on twitter, with the usual (expected) nonce jokes sprinkled in amongst them. he'd made a quick tweet and already started drafting script ideas for his milli subby special, slightly high off the elation.

when he opened the door he was surprised to see will standing there — in a full suit. he beamed at stephen and gave him a slap on the back. "fuckin' finally! mate, you deserve it."

"thanks will, i... what's with the suit?"

"you didn't have any plans tonight did you?"

"you mean other than contemplating where my life goes from here now that i've reached my only goal for the last four years? nah, nothing mate."

"good, then hop into your posh drip pronto cause i'm gonna take you to the moon," will beamed.

"oh my god, will you didn't."

"i bloody well did! la luna is your favourite isn't it?" he grinned.

"i didn't realise adsense treated you this well when you hit the million. i'm gonna have to start uploading weekly."

"ehh, try three milli mate," will teased.

"fuck off you twat, at least i never bullied kids for clout."

"yeah, but you screwed them, and that's much—"

"maybe i'll just stay home," stephen crossed his arms obstinately.

"you'd better not, the deposit on the table cost me half a fuckin' mortgage," will chuckled to make the statement more lighthearted, though it wasn't far from the truth. "go and get changed, man! time to tap some ass. you know, like, tapas..."

"leave the jokes to me," stephen rolled his eyes and turned in the direction of his bedroom to find something remotely smart to wear. trust will to pick his favourite, most expensive restaurant.

when he emerged will was sat scrolling on his phone, perched on the arm of the couch. he looked up, eyes widening subtly when he saw stephen in his formal attire. "roblox death sound."

"just as i was starting to enjoy life as well!" stephen grinned.

will smiled, drinking in stephen's black suit for a little longer than he would have anyone else's. "i'm not calling this a date but, quick date night photo?"

"you're a total wetwipe," stephen chuckled but agreed. they positioned themselves in front of the full length mirror and made ironic gang signs, will's deep burgundy suit complementing stephen's black one quite well in both of their eyes.

'date night with the milliboy @stephen_tries' read the caption on will's instagram story.

"a'ight, ready?" will asked. stephen nodded.

"can't believe you got us a table at la luna," stephen said as the green numbers above the lift ticked up.

"been planning it since 2018, since that's when you were first projected by socialblade to have hit one million."

"you're an absolute cock." the doors pinged opened. the mirror which faced them gave them each the perfect opportunity to scan the other with hesitant wandering eyes.

-

the restaurant glowed with golden light, echoing with the chatter of people — mostly couples, stephen noticed.

the few times he'd been there he'd adored the food and atmosphere, but it had been a long shot out of his budget for a year or two now. he wondered why will had decided to bring him here, even on his somewhat more healthy looking bank balance.