haribo // fraser x james

passed out on the grass was not how either of the young men expected their tuesday morning to commence, and yet here they were. the glaring sun beat down onto their bodies, tangled around each other in ways which didn't appear humanly possible.

fraser groaned and twisted his cramping forearm out from behind the enormous bear which lay across it. hold on — the fucking BEAR?

he felt around desperately for his glasses, scrabbling away in terror. oh, fuck. he must be stupid as shit. he could see now that it wasn't a bear. it was a man. a tall, bearded guy with dark hair and a soft snore, who fraser had no recollection of ever knowing. he almost wished it had been a real bear.

his mouth felt cracked, dryer than a fish out of water, and his head throbbed painfully. he knew nothing of what happened last night, except that alex was an absolute twat. and how the fuck did he end up passed out next to bear man in five inches of grass?

his hand felt sticky. oh god, don't be what i think it is, he moaned internally. but no, it wasn't what he thought it was. upon closer inspection it was... a half melted haribo ring?

wiping his hand on the dewy grass, he pulled his phone out of his pocket. no charge, of course. brilliant. he didn't even know where the fuck he was. maybe he should wake up bear man, and at least attempt to get his bearings.

fuck, no, if he didn't get water right now he was going to pass out. properly, this time, from dehydration. he glanced once more at bear man, still sprawled in the shrubbery, and pushed his glasses further up his nose. thank god there was a small park cafe not too far away, and he found a couple of cents in his pocket. surely american water couldn't be much more expensive that british water, right? although this was las vegas, anything was possible.

fuck. this was las vegas.

anything was possible.

-

alex was dragging fraser, george and will out for the fourth night in a row. at this stage in their holiday, they were exhausted messes who woke up at gone midday and were probably wasting their time and money. fuck it, they thought, that's what las vegas is for.

"can you hurry up man? you take longer than my ex girlfriend to come out of there," george yelled as fraser fixed his hair in the bathroom mirror.

"not possible mate, i heard she never came at the hands of you," he retorted.

"oi, shut the fuck up and get out of there already."

the first club they hit they decided was far too overpriced for their minimal budget, and so they went to one downtown. potentially a bit more sleazy, but soon they would be too drunk to care. will and alex quickly disappeared into the crowd, grinding up on each other to the beat of urban pop music, and george was pulled to his feet by a curly haired blonde. this left fraser, sipping a sweet drink which he hadn't even ordered.

a man of a similar age to him, yet far bigger and more muscly approached him with a wide smile. when he spoke, fraser was surprised to find he also had an english accent: quite a posh one at that.

"hey, i'm james, but you can call me yours."

"that made me feel sick in so many different ways," fraser cringed.

they danced and drank, and drank and danced. they drank so much that a kiss or two which they shared on the dance floor melted into desperate hands in a bathroom stall, and a rising heat fusing them together.

"wanna get out of here?" james whisperered. fraser nodded, still up in space riding out his high.

las vegas at night was a clash of clear dark skies and towers of light. it was truly alive, glistening, bustling, rich.

the casino became their next stop. they were poor british students with little money, so of course they weren't about to play a hand of poker. then something caught fraser's eye.

"a lifetime's supply of haribos?"

"what?"

"look!" he pointed out the flashing sign.

'ONE NIGHT ONLY. CASH OUT FOR A LIFETIME'S SUPPLY OF HARIBOS!'

it turned out, it was blackjack, except the bets were done in sweets.

"buy your first bag, and the more you win, the more you get. enough in a row, as you'll get our top prize," drawled the dealer.

it turned out james was quite lucky. well, fraser said lucky, james said, "it's simple mathematical probability. you need to go based on what number is more likely to come up next to make sure you don't go bust." fucking maths undergraduate.

soon, they were yelling, high fiving and spending far too much money on packets of haribos to bet on. their table had become quite crowded by people willing to watch the make or break situation of two stupid english boys attempting to win sweets to last them until their inevitable death caused by diabetes. people even ordered them drinks to fire them up. their heads spun, and yet still they won again, and again, and again. finally...

"win this hand, you win the supply," the dealer said.

fraser's hands trembled as he turned over the first card. a queen. the dealer turned his. a ten. james turned the next of their cards. a seven. which meant they were on seventeen. more than twenty one and they went bust. and yet...

"james, we should take a hit."

"what the fuck? no! anything bigger than a four and we lose everything!"

"i have a feeling james. i just have a feeling."

"it doesn't make sense, frase."

the crowd was getting rowdy, yelling that they should stand. not a single person to back fraser up.

"hit us," fraser said to the dealer.

"fucking hell fraser, i can't watch." james covered his face with his hands, as the dealer turned over the card and placed it on the table.

a three.

the crowd erupted.

"james! james, we fucking won! we got it!" fraser yelled.

"holy shit! fraser, i could kiss you right now."

"then do it."

the casino was alive with a buzz of people slapping the lads on the back and congratulating them. fraser and james beamed, as they hauled off with their first bunch of sweet treats.

"let's do something crazy."

"winning a lifetime's supply of haribos from playing blackjack is pretty crazy, james."

"nah, like really crazy, like insane. let's get married."

"you what?"

"that's what you do in vegas innit? you get married! let's find one of those 24 hour chapels. come on, there's one on practically every corner."

"i'm gonna need another drink first."

-

"so we're married?"

"looks like it."

"fucking hell."

"jesus, don't sound that disgusted, i'll admit i don't look great in the morning but you've come out the back end of last night with a decent shag and a lifetime's supply of haribos."

"ok bear man, whatever," fraser smiled.

***

a/n: @xsdmn_stuffsx wanted some fraser x james content! hope u like it or i'll be sad😔 nah but fr thank u all for reading this it means so much to me xx