supernova {pt. 2} // will x alex

a/n: sorry this is a pre-chapter note but ik all time low's new album came out during quarantine but let's pretend big rona is a myth... ok safe

***

"james showed me that picture of you and will necking on, jesus christ that's a sight i never want to witness again," george stated the next afternoon as we cleared up the remnants of the train wreck our flat had suffered from our party guests.

"ha, yeah, i err... dunno what happened to be honest."

"will was being fuckin' weird last night. he kissed sadie and dalia after he kissed you, then he came ranting to me about how he felt guilty and shit, like he was cheating on someone. he's still not over mia man, not entirely."

"i guess," i said.

"d'you think we should talk to him?"

"nah, he was probably just really drunk." i tried to keep my tone even and nonchalant.

george gave up tidying for the day after we'd done the living room. i continued doing the kitchen alone to keep my head focused, away from anything that could remind me of something. that was until that something showed up at our door.

how was i meant to act like i hadn't heard what he'd said when he snuck into my bed last night? he said he loved me. he said he loved me, and then he was gone again in the morning with no explanation. never mind that my 'morning' started at 2pm that day. he was still gone.

"hi will."

"hi alex," he smiled. "need some help tidying up?" friendly as ever. exactly like a friend.

"um... yeah, sure."

we tidied up almost wordlessly for an hour. the flat hadn't looked so spotless in weeks.

"sorry i left this morning mate, i had work to do 'n that." mate.

"yeah, course," i nodded. "i was meant to film today but i was just way too gone earlier. can't remember a thing from last night." see how that lie plays out.

"i couldn't be arsed to go home so i just came and collapsed on your bed. think i fell asleep straight away," will chuckled. was there a hint of nervousness in his voice? maybe he genuinely didn't remember a thing.

"god, i'm never getting drunk again."

"that's what you always say al." he grinned at me.

-

turns out, will was right. i was drunk again and it was a mere twenty seven hours later on from that conversation. i'd decided to get drunk alone in my room to my favourite songs because i could and because my mind was wandering to ridiculous places where it didn't belong. i groaned when i turned my phone screen on and it left spots in my vision. "hey siri, facetime will."

the ringtone beeped high pitched in my ears. he picked up after the fourth ring, and was met with the picture of me chugging from an absolut.

"jesus christ, slow down lad," he laughed.

"will!"

"alright mate?"

"come here and share this with me!" i slurred.