TWENTY-SIX

Sophie got to the beach without anyone chasing after her, and in only fifteen minutes, Alvar was back and she got into the car and they drove to the airport.

Alvar parked the car, and they both got out. He handed her a ticket as they walked into the airport.

"Sorry they're not first class," He said as they sat on a bench, waiting for their flight to be called.

Sophie shook her head. "I honestly don't care—I just need to get back to California,"

Alvar nodded, but then stopped as a look of confusion passed across his face. "Wait—how do you know that Keefe is in trouble—did he text you or something?'

Sophie tensed up, realizing that she didn't know if Keefe was actually even in trouble. She could've ruined the best moment of her life if nothing was wrong when she got back home.

"I...I just had a feeling," She said with a sigh. "It's really weird to describe, but..." She looked over to see Alvar's face was pure joy. "What?"

"I'm sorry," Alvar said. "But this sounds exactly like a Hallmark movie. The girl leaves her boyfriend for the person she really loves because she has a feeling,"

"I'm not in love with Keefe," Sophie said, tired of people thinking that. "He's my friend—and if he's in trouble, then I want to help,"

"But he's also Fitz and Biana's friend," Alvar pointed out. "And you didn't drag them along with you,"

Sophie opened her mouth to tell him to shut-up, but was cut-off when a voice from the speaker said, "Flight 421 please board your plane at this time. Flight 421, please board your plane at this time."

"That's ours," Alvar said before they stood and quickly made their way to the plane.

Sophie handed the lady her ticket and put her bag outside of the plane before she and Alvar got on.

They sat in the very back, and the whole time Sophie's head ran through possibilities of what was wrong with Keefe. Some of them weren't that bad, but others were very dark and a little morbid.

"Are you alright?" Alvar asked her after the plane had taken off.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Sophie asked, staring at the window.

"Well," Alvar said. "You have this sad look on your face that's a little concerning,"

Sophie sighed. "I'm just thinking of all the things that might have happened to Keefe, but I'm also a little worried that I left for nothing and there's nothing wrong with him."

"Well, if you care about my opinion," Alvar said. "I think you're doing the right thing,"

Sophie nodded before checking the time. It was eight-thirty. That meant they'd get to California around one-thirty in the morning.

"I think I'm going to sleep," Sophie said, leaning her head against the window before closing her eyes.

"Alright," Alvar said, getting on his phone. "I'll wake you when we get there,"

§§§

"Where's my bag?" Sophie asked, looking at each bag passing by down the conveyor-belt. She couldn't see it anywhere.

"I don't know," Alvar said looking for it as well. "But you need to go," He told her, taking a twenty dollar bill out of his pocket. "I'll look for your bag and you get in a Taxi and check on Keefe—alright?"