TEN

After a month, things at school were slowly starting to get better, and everything was going back to normal. Keefe was still a little sad, but that was to be expected. Fitz and Sophie hung out almost as much as they had when they were just friends, and Stina and Maruca were intent on destroying their lives.

So everything was pretty normal.

Today, after school, was Valin's birthday, and Sophie was dreading it. She really didn't want to go—even though she packed her book-bag full of baby wipes.

"Biana," Sophie said in gym that afternoon. "I think I'm gonna chicken out. Maybe we shouldn't go,"

Biana gave Sophie a stern look. "Nu-uh! We are going this afternoon. I've already heard people talking about us."

"They are?" Sophie asked, looking around the gym from her seat in the bleachers.

"Yep," Biana said. "Apparently it went around that we both got invited and people are doubting that we're going and calling us a couple of preppy brats,"

Sophie blinked, not completely believing that was true. "But do you really want to have germs contaminating your skin?"

Biana cringed. "No really," Then she perked up. "I have an idea! What if we wear gloves and then put hand sanitizer over the gloves?"

"Do you know how uncomfortable that would be?" Sophie asked, feeling the itch on her hands.

Biana shook her head. "My mom has some silk gloves at home. All we have to do is dress to match the gloves. No one will notice,"

Sophie shook her head, a sigh escaping her lips. "We don't even know what kind of party it'll be. Knowing Valin..."

Sophie didn't finish the sentence, letting it hang in the air.

A grin grew across Biana's face. "For once, you are wrong Miss Foster. I did some research—I know, so hard to believe—and I found out that Valin lives in that mansion on 34th Street. He has a butler and a valet and a personal chef. He's almost as rich as the Vacker's!"

"Wow," Sophie said, staring at Biana. "Did you happen to do any research about what the party's going to be like?"

Biana nodded. "It's going to be super formal and every girl is supposed to wear a dress, and every boy has to wear a three-piece suit."

Sophie chuckled. "You'd think we were celebrating the Queen of England's birthday,"

"Actually," Biana said. "Valin's family is distantly related to the British throne, but they cut off their family because of this big scandal. But if twenty-five heirs were to die, Valin would become King of England."

"That thought makes me want to throw-up," Sophie said, wrapping her arms around her stomach.

Biana nodded. "Agreed,"

"What're we agreeing about?" Dex said as he sat beside of Sophie.

"Some gross stuff," Biana said, checking her nails. "You don't want to know,"

Dex laughed. "Biana, gross stuff is my middle name,"

"I thought it was Alvin," Sophie said, a smile on her lips. "Or is it Dexter Gross-stuff-Alvin Dizznee,"

Dex cringed. "Yeah, never mind—that sounds weird."

Both Sophie and Biana laughed before they started their gym assignment for the day.