That sentence suddenly made Sophie bolt upright.

Both boys were pulled out of their shouting-match to stare at Sophie—then they shared a look like they were wondering how long she'd been listening.

It seemed very awkward for a whole minute before Sophie decided to be the brave one. "I've been asleep for a week?"

It was longer than when she'd had that allergic reaction.

"Yes," Fitz said, taking a step closer to her. "But the good thing is that it's Summer Break now, so you didn't miss any school work."

Sophie blinked a couple times. "So...what's the date?"

"It's May 10th," Keefe said, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

Sophie's eyes widened. That meant she'd missed a whole week of the beginning of Summer break. Plus, Keefe's mom was moving to Boston this week, and Sophie had to be there for him.

Sophie quickly slid out of bed and tried to head to her closet, but instead, her legs decided to feel like noodles and she fell to the ground.

But thankfully, Fitz and Keefe caught each of her arms and helped her up.

"You really shouldn't be up," Fitz said, trying to ease Sophie back into her bed.

Sophie shook her head, trying to stand back up. "The more I practice now, the better I'll get."

"She has a point," Keefe mumbled, letting go of Sophie's arm.

Fitz glared at Keefe before he also let go of Sophie's arm. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow," Fitz told Sophie. He pulled her into a hug and gave her a quick kiss on the head before her turned and left.

"I should go too," Keefe said after Fitz had left. "My mom wants me to help her pack for Wednesday."

Sophie sighed. "I wish I could help you somehow,"

Keefe smiled. "You're already doing enough Foster," He held up his hand for a high-five and Sophie gave him the high-five back.

"See you later I guess," She said as he turned to leave.

Keefe nodded. "See you later,"

§§§

"Can you at least tell me why you want to break up with my brother?" Biana asked her the next evening after Sophie had called her to come over.

"I didn't say I was going to," Sophie said, wishing she could hide in a hole-for-embarrassing-moments—which sadly wasn't real. "I said I might have to,"

Biana looked at Sophie like she'd lost her mind. "Sophie Foster, you've had a crush on my brother since day one—yep, I've known for that long—and once you guys start dating you want to dump him?"

"I don't want to," Sophie groaned, wishing Biana would listen to her. "But on out first date he tried to kiss me and I wasn't ready for that. Then he was acting all super-overprotective when we went to Valin's party. Plus, Keefe and Fitz had an argument yesterday about the reason Fitz didn't come to pick us up after I fell. Did you know that he saw his phone ring?"

"No," Biana said, looking very shocked.

"And he chose not to answer it," Sophie said, feeling her heart break. "I love Fitz—I really do, but I don't want to always deal with being clinged to one minute, and then let go of the next. I need to have it somewhere in the middle."

Biana sighed. "I get that,"

Sophie nodded. "But now I don't know what to do—I don't want to break up with Fitz,"

Biana at first looked sad, but then her face brightened. "I have an idea!" She said, jumping up and down on Sophie's bed. "My family is taking a trip to Hawaii and we could ask your parents if you could come with us."

"And that would help how...?" Sophie asked, even though going to Hawaii with Vacker's sounded really fun.

Biana rolled her eyes. "Because the place that we're going this year happens to be the second most romantic place in the USA: Honolulu!"

"That makes sense," Sophie said, nodding. "But the real question is: Will Grady and Edaline let me?"

"Well that's why we go ask them," Biana said, grabbing Sophie's hand and dragging them both of her bed and down the hallway.

"Wait, now?" Sophie asked, trying not to trip over her own feet.

"Of course," Biana said as they went down the stairs. "The sooner we talk to them, the more this is a done-deal. We are leaving next week after-all,"

Once again, that did make sense—but Sophie usually would've come up with a plan to tell her parents her crazy ideas.

But now they were diving in head-first, and Sophie did not enjoy it.

They searched all through the house, but could not find either of Sophie's parents. But when they went into the kitchen, there was a plate of apple muffins on a plate.

Beside the muffins was a note written in Edaline's handwriting.

It read:

Grady and I are dealing with a Scarlet Ibis—please be careful if you need to talk to us, and take a muffin. Love you!

Sophie smiled at the note, but once both of them had gotten a muffin, Biana dragged Sophie out the back door.

Sophie tied to pull away from Biana. "Did you not read the note?—they're dealing with the meanest horse the world! You don't know what could happen—we should be scared!"

Biana rolled her eyes. "How many times do you have to tell you Sophie? I'm a Vacker, and Vacker's aren't scared of anything."