Edaline nodded. "Sounds delicious,"

They drove for another few minutes before they turned down a dirt road which led to a beautiful house that reminded Sophie of those Victorian Houses in historic towns.

"This is Dex's house?" Biana asked, gawking at the large estate.

And Sophie agreed. Dex didn't act like the kind of person who'd live in a mansion. But Sophie reminded herself that you should never judge a book by its cover.

Or in this instance—a Dex by his personality.

They pulled into the driveway and parked a few feet away from the porch stairs. "Be careful with the cake," Edaline told them as they got out of the car.

As soon as they got inside there was complete chaos.

There was shouting in the background as Keefe and Fitz ran around the house, being chased by some mini Dex's.

Then there was the very noticeable smashing of plates to be heard from the kitchen—and Sophie thought she heard Tam and Wylie yell something along the lines of: "The gourds are falling!"

"What is going on?" Biana asked, voicing Sophie's question.

"No idea," Edaline said as she led them into the living room. "Well this is...festive?" Edaline looked like she might freak-out—and it didn't take Sophie too long to find out why.

"This place is a nightmare," She said, walking farther into the living room that had been completely torn apart . "Do any of you know about organization?"

"No!" All four boys said as they struggled.

Sophie rubbed her temples before she decided to take the lead. "Alright—Tam, you're in charge of taking the triplets and locking them in a closet. Fitz, you're going to help Wylie with the gourds—"

"Gourds?" The four boys questioned.

Sophie tilted her head. "I thought I heard someone yell that the gourds were falling?"

Wylie shook his head. "The words were falling," He pointed to the poster with words on them that Sophie assumed were supposed to spell: Happy Birthday Dex!

Sophie sighed. "Alright—Fitz, help Wylie with the words," She turned to Keefe, who was trying to stop one of the triplets from drinking dish liquid. "And Keefe, you're going to take this cake and set it up in the kitchen. Do you all understand?"

Everyone nodded and started on their jobs—and that's when Sophie wondered where Jensi, Marella and Linh were.

"Biana," Sophie said, feeling her eyes grow heavy. "Do you mind finding the decorating committee?"

Biana nodded. "Got it captain," Then she ran off through the house.

"Good job," Edaline said, wrapping an arm around Sophie's shoulders. "I'm very proud,"

Sophie smiled. "Thanks—now we just have to wait for Dex and Grady to get here."

And as if Sophie could tell the future, the doorbell rang and Dex and Grady were waiting for someone to come open the door.

§§§

"Open mine first!" Biana demanded once they'd announced that they were opening presents. (And once they'd found everyone else) "It's a really good one!"

Dex rolled his eyes, a smile on his lips. "Ha! Knowing you, you probably got me a shirt or something,"

"Did not," Biana argued. "Please?"

Dex sighed. "Fine,"

Juline—Dex's mom—handed Dex a sparkly pink parcel. "Wow Biana—" Dex said with a mock smile. "You got my favorite color on the wrapping paper. How thoughtful of you,"

Everyone laughed while Biana rolled her eyes—but she still tapped her fingers against the table eagerly. "Just open it,"

Dex rolled his eyes before opening the present. When he got it unwrapped he looked like he might cry. "Y-you got me The Great Book of Electronics?"

Biana nodded. "I remembered you'd said something about last semester—so I found it on Amazon and bought it. It was the last one in stock, by the way."

Dex just stared at the book, then Biana, and then the book. "Uh...thanks. That's really nice of you,"

"Of course," Biana said with a grin. Then she looked at everyone. "Ha, top that!"

Linh let out a sigh, a smile on her lips. "I don't think we can,"

"Alright, who's next?" Juline asked as she pried the book out of Dex's hand. "Sophie? How about your present?"

Juline grabbed a bright blue package that Sophie had wrapped just last night and set it in front of Dex. "This one's from Sophie,"

Dex nodded before opening the present and revealing a brand new Nintendo Switch. "Woah," Dex said with a grin as he stared at the box. Then he got up and gave Sophie a hug. "Thanks Sophie—this is awesome!"

Biana pouted, but a smile was on her face. "Jeez Sophie, you just had to make my present look bad,"

Sophie shrugged before saying in a joking tone, "Sadly, we can't all be prefect like me, Biana,"

Keefe laughed, "That is a fact,"