"You are welcome", she said smiling.

Ammi(mom) was an Egyptian, her mom was a Lebanese who was late before I was born and her father was a complete Egyptian who later married his cousin after the death of his wife. Ammi was a very beautiful woman, she has blue eyes and long lashes which I got from her and her pointed nose but my lips was definitely from my Abba (Father) who on the other hand has a brown large eyes, long nose and bushy eyebrows, they were the perfect couples I had ever knew with full of love and care always like newly wedded couples.

Even when his family which were from Bauchi state, put pressure on him to marry a second wife claiming that their tradition and Islam accepted it albeit I was sure it was not the case because I was the only child with no guarantee to inherit his business and property to myself but my father stuck to his promise of never getting a co_wife for my mother.

"Hey pretty let's go I'm loosing my patience", Layla said heading to the kitchen door, I sipped my coffee and ate my last toast, literally swallowed it and bade Ammi goodbye.

"Good bye habibtees". She said waving at us.

We headed to the living room where we met my father in his pyjamas, sitting on the cushion and watching his usual news channel Aljazeera.

"Good morning Abba". We greeted him in unison.

"Good morning habibtees, where are you heading to?" He asked.

"We are going for a shopping and we will then branch to the salon for my manicure ". I stated.

"Okay dear, take care".

"Okay bye", I waved at him before heading to the parking space. I brought out my car key from my purse and entered my black mini cooper which my father bought for me yesteryear on my eighteenth birthday. As soon as we exited the house which was a medium mansion, layla started blabbering about whatever she would buy and the way she would style her hair.

Layla was from Yola Adamawa, her mother Rukayya was from Kano and her father Kabir was a Fulani of Adamawa , so she has long hair which she got from both her parents and also fair skin complexion, just the typical description of beauty. Her father Kabir was Abba's business partner in his architectural design company and also his close friend so we were all family friends.

Her mother Ruqayya recently traveled to Saudi Arabia for umrah (pilgrimage), so layla came to our house for the holiday. We were in the same university, I was studying pharmacy whilst layla was studying accounting, which presently was our second year in school. Well first year was literally hell because we were literally bundled with studies like 'Albert Einstein' and thank God I aced all of my exams and gained first class CGPA.

We were now on our mid semester break which almost all of the students were yearning for and I was certainly addicted to staying at home doing nothing. I was slowing down the car through the mall entrance where I found a space in the parking lot and squeezed through, I parked the car, hopped out and we strolled towards the mall.

***

"Do you like this one?", Layla asked pointing at a maroon gown with gold glittering thread designed all down the dress, it was very beautiful but its too glittery and the color was too dense if that make sense.

"Am I a bride layla?".

She laughed. "Because you are going to be one, one day pretty".

"Whatever!"

"How is your prince charming?" Layla asked grinning like a Cheshire Cat.

I chuckled at that "Uhmm... He went for the holiday to Kaduna, to his Aunt's place so I think he will be back this week, don't really know", I shrugged. "Will this fit me?" I asked her pulling a hanged black gown with silver stone work in a row of other gowns.

"Why do you love black?" She asked stressing 'love'. "Your dress, purse, phone, car and your..." she looked down at my shoes. "And your shoes are black, are you a Batman?"

"I'm not a 'batman' Layla and even if I am, that will be 'batwoman' since I'm a lady and I don't know why I love black, I just do", I shrugged and I picked the black dress.

Layla did most of the shopping, packing lots of clothes which I was sure she would not be wearing all of them, "Layla are you sure you are going to wear all this? you have many of it in your closet and I haven't seen you wear half of it", I said.

"Don't mind my love for clothes, and besides even if I didn't wear it I will donate it okay?" She said.

Layla loved wearing dresses with multiple colors whilst I was the opposite, I literally used to spend 30 hours before deciding on what to wear (okay that is exaggeration but I really have tough time choosing my clothes) and I preferred black in most of the colors which is literally odd to most girls.

After we were done, Layla literally dragged me to where she sighted a shoe and I was certain that we would spend hours before she finished her shopping.

"Do you really need an exact color of shoes for all of your clothes? isn't it too match?" I asked.

"No, that is called 'classy' pretty 'classy'", she handed me a pink colored shoe with a ribbon on it. "This will fit you".

"I will rather wear that one than this". I said pointing at a yellow shoe with purple roses, which was very distasteful.

"Ohh please!" She exclaimed laughing.

"Yup!".

We shopped for the next hour before exiting the store with shopping bags in both hands and headed to the Parking lot.

*****

Hello guys, this is my first book and obviously my first chapter, so please vote, follow and comment, thank you so much for choosing my book, I hope you will like it, I need your supports.

Happy reading!

Xoxo
Kherdeeniasse.