Chapter 8

Naruto woke up satisfied from last night and smiled and leaned down and kissed Yugao's forehead before heading out leaving a note he went to take care of some clan stuff.

Naruto after getting ready left to the hokage tower. He walked into the room and saw his Jiji talking to a bunch of Jounin and Anbu.

"Oops. Ima just go..." Naruto said and turned around and tried to walk away, but was held back by Kakashi who eye smiled.

"Perfect. Naruto-kun. How would you feel helping us remove a threat to the village?" Hiruzen asked and Naruto freed himself from Kakashi easily and stood in front of his Jiji.

"Good. Now you should recognize the man named Danzo. He had his fake anbu named root. You are to kill root and save any possible ones and kill Danzo." Hiruzen said and Naruto nodded.

"Kakashi and Naruto. You two will be the ones mainly fighting Danzo. The others will take care of root." Hiruzen ordered and everyone saluted him before vanishing.

As they moved through shunshin's or in Naruto and Asuma's case, Shunpo they appeared at a large tree in the forest and an anbu did some hand signs before it opened an entrance.

"Go." Kakashi said with his old Inu mask on. Naruto had on a dragon mask that had whiskers which was ironic.

Naruto and Kakashi moved through the underground base as they quickly destroyed root anbu and they had found a room burning. Naruto activates his mangekyo and used his special ability. It was a time-space technique. Mostly time though. It let Naruto restore or age something within 10 mins. So Naruto rewound time on the room by 10 mins and it showed a perfectly fine room. Naruto clutched his eyes before shaking it off.

"Are you ok Dragon?" Kakashi asked and Naruto just shook his head and said "It's fine. For now." They then took off and after searching through the entire base they didn't find Danzo and found he had run away with some of his more important root members.

Report

"Report!" Hiruzen ordered. Asuma went first.

"We had found 30 root kids. A few are capable of being ninja as they still have some emotions. We had Naruto remove the seal on their tongue. We killed most the root beside Danzo's more important ones."

"Good. Kakashi, Naruto." Hiruzen said wanting their report.

"We had killed some root along the way trying to burn their archive room, but Naruto managed to put it out and use a seal to fix everything. We left two teams of anbu to gather everything before looking for Danzo. We concluded he was gone as we wasn't in the base nor was his main root." Kakashi explained and Hiruzen nodded before dismissing everyone with Naruto handing the anbu outfit to Kakashi.

Naruto stayed behind reminding Hiruzen he was here for something earlier. "You need something Naruto-kun?" Naruto nodded and pointed to his eyes as a privacy barrier was put up.

"Yes. I need my mother's eyes as she had activated her mangekyo seeing a friend die in the 3rd shinobi war and I'm going blind." Naruto said and Hiruzen pulled out a piece of paper with a seal on it.

"Your mother has given me this saying I would know why later on, but I guess this is what she meant." Hiruzen said and Naruto opened the seal only for two jars with green liquid to appear showing two eyes with one in each jar.

"Thank you Jiji." Naruto said and Hiruzen nodded before Naruto left in a shunpo after sealing them away again.

Later

Naruto hummed as he sat at a restaurant with his friends when Asuma and Kurenai came in.

"Good your all here. These are the forms for the chunin exams. Fill them out and bring them to room 301 tomorrow if you wish to go." Asuma explained before he and Kurenai sat at the table a few rows away from them.