IX

CHAPTER NINE"You'll Be the Death of Me"

CHAPTER NINE
"You'll Be the Death of Me"

⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷

amelia fought her way through the arms of kenya and kevin as she made her way through the police department to the holding cells. she ignored kevin's threats and pushed past kenya, nothing on her mind except her brother.

when she got the call from rené that jason was arrested for murder, she felt an immense sense of anger, but most of all, she didn't believe one bit of what rené said the police were accusing her of.

jason got down from the metal bed he was sitting on and put his face closest as he could to the bars as amelia reached her hands through and placed them on the back of his neck. his hands came up and held her wrists lightly, he was happy to see a member of his family, finally.

"millie," he cried, "millie, i'm so sorry, i am." amelia shook her head, "you have nothin' to be sorry for, i just wish i got here sooner before you went and confessed to somethin' you didn't do!" she said quietly, but getting worked up, she knew jason couldn't kill anyone, let alone his grandmother. she was so caught up in jason that she didn't even see rené behind her.

"i don't even remember doin' any of it," he said, and amelia looked at him, confused, "then why would you confess?" she asked, and jason shook his head while beginning to cry again. "i just know i did."

"jason," she said, getting slightly choked up at the sight of her brother being so broken down, "you need to be quiet and not say anything to the police because sam and i are real close to findin' out who the real killer is, okay?" she said, and rené lifted his head.

"his names drew marshall, he had a sister named cindy and we think he killed her. she matches all the other murders, it's clear as day... i'm sorry about amy, by the way. she was a real good person." she said, reaching for jason's hand in between the bars. he held hers, squeezing lightly.

if she knows all this how come she hasn't gone to the cops and gotten her brother outta that cell?

"cause, rené," she said, turning around to look at him with an annoyed face, "i tried that and the cops have done absolutely nothin' to help me or anyone else. 'sides, we ain't even got evidence yet, i don't even have a fuckin' clue what drew marshall looks like!"

"so, you can't be sure he's the killer?" he asked, and amelia shook her head, "i've seen what's inside his head."

they'll never believe that about him, but it's the truth. there's all kinds of strangeness in this world.