II

CHAPTER TWO"Sparks Fly Out"TW: homophobia

CHAPTER TWO
"Sparks Fly Out"
TW: homophobia

⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷

when eric was back on the ground, he carefully let amelia down and kept a gentle hand on her back. as she straightened her dress he looked around outside of the house, it was big and very southern, just as he expected. "thank you, mr. northman."

she smiled, looking up at him. her voice was soft and sweet, and he heard the genuine thanks in it. he would pay her a million dollars to say his name again.

he stepped away from her, "it's no problem. you tried warning me tonight, and i didn't listen. this is my apology, and my thanks." he said, giving that smile again. she nodded, mumbling a "good night." before waking up the front steps of her porch and opening the door with her key.

"good night, miss stackhouse."

⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷

sookie gasped as she got ketchup on her hand, and amelia looked up to see her wiping it off. "bill would get a rise outta that." she joked, which made sookie's nose turn up. "you'll have to ask him yourself." she said coldly as amelia continued to refill the celery container at the bar, "what? did you two get in a fight or somethin'?"

"he just left you at fangtasia. he didn't give me any chance to have us go back to get you, but when we drove around the back of the club you were gone. i was worried sick!" she said, her face turning pink with anger.

amelia sighed, she didn't want to tell sookie she got a lift home, well, a fly home, from eric. "it's okay, sook, i got home safe. it's nothin' to worry about." she said, shaking her head. she looked back down at the containers she needed to refill before sookie heard her,

please, lord, don't let her find out eric flew me home.
she'd ask me questions about it 'til the day i die.

"eric flew you home?" she asked, setting the ketchup bottles down. amelia rolled her eyes and looked up to her sister, "yeah, some vampires can fly." she shrugged and walked away, past a judgmental sam, and to the kitchen where lafayette was.

"hey hooka," he said, chopping tomatoes. amelia smiled at her best friend and walked over to him, leaning against the counter. "hey." he leaned down to kiss her cheek before speaking again, "yous lookin' like a fine piece 'a ass today, what's ya secret?" he asked, and amelia giggled. "alcohol."

lafayette sighed and shook his head, "so, i heard you let a vampire walk you home last night?" he asked, and amelia rolled her eyes. "jesus christ, how do you know so quick?" lafayette popped one of his hips out, "arlene." he sang.